RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some friends and i started our own club and we are looking for more members. i would love to see some more warriors in the group. we are in the dayton ohio area we get together and ride on the weekends goto jackass flats on wednesday and party on the weekends. if your interested message me.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
So i've been told in connecticut you can't even start a m/c without permission from the ****'s angels. I've even been warned about having too many of a certain color on my vest. It's just stupid. If you and your friends like to hangout and ride theirs no reason you have to make a club to do that. Be careful. The site censorship is outta control

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I was a member of the STAR riding group here for a season. There was another group that asked if I wanted to become a member (MMA) and since I had friends in both I figured sure.
I put the patch from the MMA group on my vest with my STAR patch on it and the Star Pres here told me I had to take it off. I pulled out my little knife, cut off the STAR patch, my Road Captain Patch from STAR, and the MMA Patch and gave them all to him. He asked me why and I told him that I felt that it was no longer an interest of mine to belong to a group that would tell me what I could and couldnt do while I was out trying to get away from all my day to day B.S.
I have ridden "lone wolf style" ever since. I still try to get to a fundraising event for each group when ever I can but I will never be IN a group again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input guys, i respect that. i guess we dont have any crazy rules or tell you what you can and cant do just a group of guys that like to ride together and would like to make new friends, i dont feel anyone should have to ask a more dominant club to be able to make a club. if it become a hassle or get stupid we are just gonna drop it and just ride with no colors. we are just tryin to see how it goes is all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ robriguez. what is the difference between the RA ans MC? we just want to feel like we have a "club"/ "family" and just want to show that we are united by having the patches.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
From what I understand, as long as you dont designate if you are a CLUB and you dont collect dues from people, no one will bug ya. If you wear a big back patch its all good, just dont put a big rocker underneath it saying where you are from. Thats a sign claiming the area. The 1%ers wont be happy about it.
I hear ya about getting a group of friends together and just hangin out. I hope it works out well!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
I don't know who the dominant m/c club is in ohio but just be safe. I've had friends that have had to take off their black label society( a rock band ) vests because of ****'s angels. Be careful what colors you use red/black= ****'s angels, white/black= outlaws. It's just not worth it to be in a club. Take bjmartin's advise 1%ers are not people to be f#%ked with.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
My wife and I are patch wearing members of a local non-for-profit motorcycle association and pay yearly dues to wear it. ISMA has a once a year blowout party called Breast Fest Biker Bash with proceeds going to to the Save the Tata's Foundation that cleared $42k this year. Several times a year we also sponsor events for charities or local people in need due to cancer, transplants, or motorcycle related injuries.

In this part of Illinois we have both Hells Angels and Outlaws to deal but thus far they both view us as, in their words a ma and pa organization and they leave us alone. We avoid using rockers, mc, or 1% patches to keep it that way

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have ridden "lone wolf style" ever since. I still try to get to a fundraising event for each group when ever I can but I will never be IN a group again.
I'm a lone wolf too - the whole club stigma sucks. I've attempted to join clubs of a couple of non-traditional types: sportbike and adventure riders. The sportbikers were a bunch of brain dead squids who routinely ended up in the hospital for doing stupid stuff. And in one case, ending up dead. I'm not sure how I could ride a GSXR1000 and be completely NOT the type of rider who would normally own a bike like that. Trying to read the forums at gsxr.com and gixxer.com just gave me a headache.

The adventure rider group always had one goal: to ride out in the woods somewhere and get completely drunk out of their skulls. In fact between some members it was all about how much alcohol they could carry on their bikes. It wasn't about riding at all, it was about drinking. Heh, not sure if there are sober adventure rider groups, but I haven't seen one. There's a big ADVrider rally in Eagle River Wisconsin every year and that's the biggest drunk fest of them all.

I would never be in any Harley club as I hate Harleys and most (but not all) of the people who ride them. Also, being a college educated and highly paid professional who does not drink or smoke, and who wears a mesh jacket with CE armor and helmet at all times, it's pretty obvious I wouldn't fit in.

Yup. Clubs suck. :D But.. Fundrasing rides tend to be friendly and fun and all types tend to be welcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts