RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into picking up a lift for my Warrior. Ive got some plans I want to do this winter and some require having the bike off the ground, so I was hoping to find one for sale or any good places to go and check out to buy a new one. Can any1 help?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought mine from harbor frieght. They were having a sale and Ipicked it up for 60 bux. From what I can tell, it looks exactly like the one craftsmen makes that you can buy from sears but 40 dollars cheaper. It literally looks like they just had differant logos on the rubber pads and a differant paint job. But none the less it has lasted me 2 seasons now, and the bike has been on it for 3-4 months at the longest and has never hit the safety lock. They have a couple of differant models at harbor freight as well, a foot crank like mine, or a hand lift like a car jack. Good luck

·
Registered
245 Posts
i bought the cheap one at Sears. Some members here may tell you otherwise but it's work great for me so far. I've even left it off the ground fro about two weeks and didn't have a problem. make sure you always use the locks as with any lift.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
This is the "professional" model I picked up from sears last year. I got it for about 160 or so with my craftsman club discount. Never any problems, I use it on the Warrior and my Wife's Sportster. The Warrior actually lived on the jack all winter.

Here is the other option from sears which I call, "El Cheapo". This is the model that I was going to get. Thankfully a friend of mine who was working the floor that day stopped by to say "Hi" as I was looking "El Cheapo" over.

In a nutshell, "El Cheapo" has a very high failure rate. The typical story... works great for XX weeks, months, years then fails. You can see for yourself by reading the reviews on the sears page. If you decide to get this model, get the warranty and don't keep the bike elevated for long.

·
Registered
135 Posts
"El Cheapo" works great in our service department. weve had it for about 2 years now and no problems! gets used everyday and has held up very well! got one in our garage at home and plan on leaving the warrior on it all winter, wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
blue_racer said:
"El Cheapo" works great in our service department. weve had it for about 2 years now and no problems! gets used everyday and has held up very well! got one in our garage at home and plan on leaving the warrior on it all winter, wish me luck!
"El Cheapo" has 96 reviews and only 2.6 stars out of 5. Hydraulic "failure" (slow leaks) is the common cause cited for the poor review. Thankfully I did not see any complaints with the locking mechanism; odds are really good it will be needed one day.

The Pro model has 77 review and 4.4 stars out of 5.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx for the help guys. The pro is what im planning on picking up. The few xtra $ spent are worth it in the long run, the way I see it any way. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am a new member to this site. I know that this post is late for you, but it may be of interest to others that are looking for a lift.

I just purchased a lift from Harbor Freight. I bought the one that is very similar to the craftsman professional Aluminummodel that sells for $199 at Sears. Their may be a difference between the two but I can't see one. The Harbor Frieghtaluminum model sells for$179 and was on sale for $135, then the guy at the cash register gave me a 20% off in store coupon (They always seem to have these at the store in my area). The final price was $108 and it works great! I hope this is hepful to someone.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Did you get one for me?

·
Registered
623 Posts
All you needed to do was ask old man, but the freight would have killed you.

I have enjoyed your many helpful posts thatI have read in the short time thatI havebeen a member on this site. Thank you for your help. Hopefully I will be able to repayyou one day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts