RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Has anyone rocked these types of stands with a Warrior?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
The front would probably work with no issues.
I don't think that the rear is wide enough. Could be wrong, but I know that the one that I have isn't.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The front does not have as much rake as other cruisers and you have to buy a specific Pin to go into the Triple Tree hole if the Universal Pin supplied with the Front Stand does not fit for another $20 with the expensive PitBull Motorcycle Stand.

The Rear Standard Stand has a clearance of at full adjustment of 14.25 inches and the Swing Arm is 14 inches. Now I have a low muffler with straight pipes on one side and was kind of concerned that the supports or the screw on the end of the support points might hit the muffler. The one shown is the Cotton Spinner/Roll/Bob but I would get the one with the Flat Swing Arm Supports.

My other option is to get a Jack Lift (Harbor Freight, Craftsman, other) to do maintenance work and leave the Warrior on the ground during the winter. The stand would take the weight off the wheels in the winter months. I would use the Jack Lift sparingly as they have been known to drop bikes under long term load and they are WOBBLY at height especially if you don't get Center of Gravity just right.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Strap it to jack.
Piece of 2x4 between scissor part of Jack n lower it down.
It worked Great for me when I had my warrior on a Harbor freight m/C jack for
3 months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
A good motorcycle jack like a Larin has mechanical stops.

·
Super Moderator
27,703 Posts
I used large race stands for a few years. The Warrior is heavier so can't use normal sportbike design. There's pictures around here, maybe one in my profile album. But even the heavy stands wobbled after awhile. Now I use a bike jack, or wood blocks on the floor. Better stability.

Most good race stands have both type tips on a bracket that flips between tip types.

Ref: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/members/26103-albums1893-picture5067.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Heavy Stands

Thanks Guys!

Those are some heavy duty stands like the Pitbull I was looking at.

I am going to have to look at the Larin jack.

I did look at the Pittsburgh Harbor Freight Jack and liked the look and it has great reviews.

There is also a Duel Type Jack (seen on Ebay and Amazon $99-$169 depending on seller) rated at 4400lbs that does cars and bikes but no reviews about it.

I just did not want to be changing the Oil or wrenching something and have 700lbs coming down at me. Jack+Blocks+Pin Engine Type Stands. Just cause I'm paranoid.

Again thanks for the input.

QUOTE=arizonawarrior;3870834]I used large race stands for a few years. The Warrior is heavier so can't use normal sportbike design. There's pictures around here, maybe one in my profile album. But even the heavy stands wobbled after awhile. Now I use a bike jack, or wood blocks on the floor. Better stability.

Most good race stands have both type tips on a bracket that flips between tip types.

Ref: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/members/26103-albums1893-picture5067.jpg[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
I have 2 jacks that I use.

A set of wood that are 2x8 with a pool to flip up on the bike or a scissor jack type that is handy as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
^^^
That's the stock OEM muffler hanger bracket.
The rear brake reservoir is attached to the rear of this cast bracket with 2-M6 bolts
^^ that lol... but it's no longer there. I got the v&h relocation bracket now. Will update once I find the bolts to attach it lol. I had em and then they got misplaced

1 - 14 of 14 Posts