RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to everybody,

I ordered a fender eliminator kit from www.motorsportssuperstore.com I chose this company because they had the lowest price I could find and on top of that being a member of this site gets you a discount. I ordered the part on November 23rd. I did not recieve an e-mail notice that the item was shipped, nor was I given a tracking number. I had to e-mail the store in order to get a tracking number. After reviewing the UPS tracking information I learned that the item wasn't shipped until December 2nd.

I have ordered numerious things online, and every company has shipped the item(s) within one or two business days. www.motorsportssuperstore.com took exactly 7 business days and 9 calender days to ship my item.

It is winter, and I am in no huge rush to install the kit, so I'm not too bothered by it. But if it was summer I would be outraged by this. It's not all bad though. The prices on the site are incredible and my e-mails were returned very promptly. I just think it's rediculous that almost a week and a half went by before the item left the store. So if your ever in a hurry or anxious about getting something I wouldn't recommend these guys.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Scoper50 ... sorry to hear that this vendor didn't meet yourexpectations ...... i know how itfeels when you're looking forward to receiving your parts!

FYI, the url you have provided doesn't work. If it's the site sponsor MSSS.com their url is: http://www.motorsportssuperstore.com/and they are out of Alabama.

What ever the case, that was Thanksgiving week and $hit happens. They could have been shut down for the weekend?

Anyway, the next time around you should post in the Vendor's Ratingsand not the Genr'l Disc

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I put it in the general discussion forum because if your anything like me, you never check the vendor rating forum.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have dealt with them many times and always feel it is best to call and make sure they have the part in stock. They probably had to order yours and did not notify you of the issue. They do lack in the communication dept, but their prices are very good.

Aaron

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Am thinking the same thing as Judge2008. I doublt the part was in stock, and they had to order it. I've always have been happy with this vendor, and it sounds like being a little over sensitive.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i agree with judge and dice, i have NEVER had a problem with them, as a matter of fact i somehow ordered 2 of one iteam over the web and scott called me the next day to verify that i needed 2 of these parts (which i didnt), it saved me from having to send it back for a credit
it is sometimes good to call your order in so they can verify availability and expected shipping times.... sorry you had a bad experience with them

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Really! Two weeks and you would be OUTRAGED! Slow down on the caffeine.

I have placed 4 or 5 orders this year and they have taken from 3 days to 2 weeks. I have called them and emailed them for tracking information. They have always responded and I have always received my order.

If you have to have an instant tracking number and your order within 3 days I suggest you order from your dealer. ;o)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Jesus, I thought this was a thread to warn people of a scam from Romania or to warn that the company was going out of business and unshipped orders were canecelled with no refunds possible.

Took a week to hit the mail? Unless I pay for second day air I don't expect much better. Sometimes Summit and Jegs take a week to ship. Add in UPS ground and several weeks is normal.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Craig said:
Jesus, I thought this was a thread to warn people of a scam from Romania or to warn that the company was going out of business and unshipped orders were canecelled with no refunds possible.

Took a week to hit the mail? Unless I pay for second day air I don't expect much better. Sometimes Summit and Jegs take a week to ship. Add in UPS ground and several weeks is normal.

Just my $0.02

I agree. I can't believe how impatient people are. Get a grip. You don't like them order elsewhere, not everybody is impatient and expect a handjob during the process. (ok I went a little far with that)

Aside from that, I'm calling BS on the 7 business days. If you ordered on the 23rd, that would be a Sunday. MOST companies were closed on Thursday and Friday. Mine was closed on Wed/Thurs/Fri. If it shipped on the 2nd. That would have only been5 days( Mon/Tues/Wed/Mon.)

Oh, I get it, you expected them to be working on Thanksgiving too? I get it.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
5 business days?? sounds fine to me. Cycle Image takes at least two weeks on anything I have ordered and thats if its in stock. Same with BMS,Xoprodux, Performance Edge are all the same. Got to remember UPS even states when you ship that it takes 4-5 days for ground service. They are all held hostage by whom ever they ship by.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
gowen said:
I agree. I can't believe how impatient people are. Get a grip. You don't like them order elsewhere, not everybody is impatient and expect a handjob during the process. (ok I went a little far with that)
LOL! Apparently I've been ordering parts from the wrong stores...where is this Handjob Parts store you speak of?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bill & Barry - I may have to update your job descriptions - LOL!!!!!

New 2009 Yamaha Star catalog just went live last night on the site guys.

·
Registered
279 Posts
independent_lemming said:
rolltideroll said:

Does Bill have them soft parts manager hands? lol

Honestly guys I am not sure about the softness of Bill's hands BUT he did say that he will require a raise if he starts having to deliver parts personally...

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
Re: Motorsportsuperstore.com compliment

Sorry bro I had to change the Subject line from 'warning' to 'compliment' just to mess with you
hehe. J/K buddy. It can seem like a lifetime when you're anxious for a part. Its like, in thespring when all the parts guys are bizzzzzy you'll probably have to wait a month for something and nobody tells you anything, that drives me crazy!But MSSS shoots you a quick email at time of order so you know they have it working. There's others who don't even fo that, its like a vacuum

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Most places send you two e-mails. One saying your order is confirmed, and another saying your order has been shipped and they give you a tracking number. MSSS.com just tells you that your order was recieved and thats the end of it unless you request further information. I don't know. I guess since absolutely nobody agrees with me I must have been spoiled with good customer service all these years.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have ordered several times from them and at first I though it was strange not to get an email when shipped. With all the mess ups and scams out there you can get a little nervous plus I like to know when my parts are gonna be dropped because ups will just toss it out by the street sometimes. I dont want my stuff stolen. But after calling and seeing how nice they are and willing to help, plus when the boxes arive they have everything I wanted I would give them an A even though they do things a little different.

They even call me back when they say they will!

·
Registered
611 Posts
rolltideroll said:
independent_lemming said:
rolltideroll said:

Does Bill have them soft parts manager hands? lol

Honestly guys I am not sure about the softness of Bill's hands BUT he did say that he will require a raise if he starts having to deliver parts personally...

If you guys are gonna do this handjob thing could you please post the propper coupon code, something easy to remember like stroke-n-wait I for one would rather have some personal attention than save a few bucks.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

I would agree with you Scoper that they should have sent an email (including tracking #) when it shipped and it would be nice if all online retailers did like some of them and had a system that showed whether an item was in stock or not when you ordered it. With that said though, I would have never assumed that MSSS had that particular item in stock and actually would have assumed that they didn't and would be ordering it and it would be several days at least before it then shipped to me. I think we should all expect more from people we do business with and try to bring better customer service back into the world but at the same time you can't just make assumptions and hold people to something they never promised to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts