RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas,

well in this time of crisis and being a member of the service industry, I find myself without work for the unforeseeable future. Luckily, I've been able to find employment at an Amazon warehouse facility in Byhalia, MS. For those who are wondering where the F*#^k is Byhalia (and how do you pronounce it??) it's about 40 miles SE of Memphis.

Anybody here familiar with the area? Any suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

·
Administrator
28,367 Posts
Memphis used to be fun, give you a place to go later, after this mess passes. Amazon is a hard employer but you are a focused individual and will do well. Hopefully the warehouses will remain virus-free so will stay open. Gotta do it, I understand it for certain. Sux tho.

Walmart and home depot are hiring tons, or so it seems from news. Once this passes your options will widen.

Hard choice. I feel for you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the sentiments, arizonawarrior. I'm looking at it as an adventure. New area, new people, new vibes.
I can use all my sily jokes and old anecdotes and seem funny again (insert drum.png cymbal.jpg ).

Yes, this is true, the warehouse could get contaminated. I hope they have strict hygiene policies in place.
Daddy doesn't need a new pair of shoes, he'd just like to keep the ones he's got on now( drum.png cymbal.jpg )

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
I knw what ur going through bro...
I'm in the service industry myself
And luckily I'm still working, but dont knw for how much longer.......

Good luck and wish you the best

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good luck with the move and work situation. In this time of uncertainty, a man has to do what he has to do to
make it. I think you have the right mindset in considering it an adventure and your willingness to meet new people
and jump into an extremely fast paced work environment WILL end up in success for you. Just stay focused on
what is your ultimate goal and keep us posted!!
Rg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
appreciate the positive thoughts, guys!! Will give you a full report of the area and surroundings once I'm settled. I'll be riding down from Wash, DC to New Orleans first to say hi to some family and friends and then up north to Byhalia. Waiting for the weather to clear up before I hit the road. I sold one beast, got 3 more in the stable. I'm very fortunate to have a buddy with a massive garage who's housing them for me for the time being. I'm really looking forward to the ride. Not going to pack a 1-bd apt like I did in 2013 (pic attached)

2013-06-30 19.04.09.jpg

·
Administrator
28,367 Posts
Pic reminds me of 45 years ago with a softy loaded above my head for two round trips to get basic needs. It took weeks on a floor-blanket before could get a truck for the bed and kitchen etc and family. I was so young it did not seem to matter! Turned out the relocation allowed me to change my life and do things I never imagined. You'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts