RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its almost like one company is ghosting the other so its confusing but:

http://www.motorsportssuperstore.com/is a long-time site sponsor , and

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/is newer and is a totally different company - right?

For example, the BILL discount code was MSSS:http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/119758.aspx

but whenMCSS was asked the question the response wasclouded: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/121963/986153.aspx#986153

I think they are both good places to shop. I got twisted around too. Its like one is ghosting the other.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I haven't had the need to order anything recently...but I read the posts...I thought the "Motorcycle Superstore" guy was the new guy from MSSS. Thanks for clearing that one up!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I don't pay much attention to them and honestly I didn't checkyour links either but I do recall once when I told them I didn't care for their website that he said I should try their other site because that newer version they were running simultaneously was a bit more organized. I don't know about now but at the time there were 2 sites for the same company with similar names like that and as I recall it was MSSS, the sponsor.

·
Administrator
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that you mention it that did sorta add to the cloudiness. So maybe its asmuchmy misunderstanding as theirs.

Marco Polo said:
I don't pay much attention to them and honestly I didn't checkyour links either but I do recall once when I told them I didn't care for their website that he said I should try their other site because that newer version they were running simultaneously was a bit more organized. I don't know about now but at the time there were 2 sites for the same company with similar names like that and as I recall it was MSSS, the sponsor.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
they have different tele numbers and different live help format. MSSS is actually a physical store I think, the other is just an online....

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
MSSS still has two links going. One will get you 27% off, the other gets you the standard forum discount plus what ever specials are going on (such as the Bill code) the standard code is RSW6 but if you add "BILL" it takes the additional off. As the 27% off site doesn't include free shipping which the standard link thats on the forum does. Lastly dont rely on the price you see on the site as far as OEM parts, actually call them and they will do better than what is listed online.

·
Registered
279 Posts
As the site sponsor (Yamaha of Hamilton) we have 2 sites....

MotorSportsSuperStore.com which offers up to 15% off with low shipping cost of $5.95. This is the site in which you can use a coupon code (RSW6) to get an additional 6% off your order. It's commonly referred to on this site as MSSS or MSSS.com.

MotorSportsSuperCenter.com is also our site. This site gives a 26% discount on Yamahaaccessories & 28% discount on Yamahahard parts. There is no discount code. This site charges close to actual shipping cost. It's commonly referred to on this site as MSSC or MSSC.com.

These are the only 2 sites that belong to us. They offer very different methods of looking up parts & accessories as someone mentioned earlier. I hope this clears up some of the questions....thanks guys!!

Scott

BTW - FREE shipping on MSSS.com through December 14 on orders $100 & over. Don't forget to use your RSWarrior.com discount code RSW6 for an extra 6% discount on top of the already discounted prices. PLUS you'll be entered 2X'sto win a $250 shopping spree.

·
Registered
626 Posts
rolltideroll said:
MotorSportsSuperStore.com which offers up to 15% off with low shipping cost of $5.95. This is the site in which you can use a coupon code (RSW6) to get an additional 6% off your order. It's commonly referred to on this site as MSSS or MSSS.com.

MotorSportsSuperCenter.com is also our site. This site gives a 26% discount on Yamahaaccessories & 28% discount on Yamahahard parts. There is no discount code. This site charges close to actual shipping cost. It's commonly referred to on this site as MSSC or MSSC.com.

Still confused... This thread is about MSSSand MCSS (MOTORCYCLE SUPERSTORE), not MSSS and MSSC. Who the heck is Motorcycle Superstore? Site sponsor or not?

I used to buy from Yamaha Hamilton, but too confusing now...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Motorcycle SuperStore is not related to Yamaha of Hamilton is any way & I have no idea if they contribut to this site or not.

Yamaha of Hamilton is MotorSportsSuperStore.com & MotorSportsSuperCenter.com only.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Woah...

Now I'm completely confused, and see how everyone else was getting confused.
If we caused any confusion, please know it was inadvertent.

I few months ago I contacted RSWarrior.com site owner Sean Kearney regarding an exclusive sponsorship for rswarrior members which would include a discount for all members. He replied and said, "Feel free to post up the discount you are willing to share with the members here: http://rswarrior.com/forums/8.aspx

I have posted as Motorcycle Superstore from the very beginning and have never tried to come across as any other company,and I'm sorry ifmy messages ever came acrosscloudy.Let me know if you guys want me to continue to post the occassional specials. Our intent is not to beintrusive.

·
Administrator
28,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's say its my fault.

I didn't start the conversation, but I think I probably went 'public' with it first (because inquiring minds want to know!).

The thing was, there wasconfusion for awhile because of the name similarities, compounded by the initials used, plus candidly there was some concern about spamming and ghosting. Obviously that wasn't the case. Now that we'reaware MCSS is not MSSS and you folks representtwo separate companies,both forum-approved, its cool.

Its no secret we all search for new stuff web-wide. Its also no secret we lean toward MSSS because theysupport the site that Sean provides for us. That has value so many of us check MSSS every opportunity - even if we might end up buying elsewhere.

For my part, I'm sorry I went public but I'm happy it's all cleared up.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ifa companycan't be more creative when creating aname ordo things like run two different websites with different deals and delivery options on each then there is bound to be confusion, bringing it up doesn't warrant an apology in my opinion. Some companies do those exact things in a purposeful effort to confuse buyers and misrepresent themself even so it's probably a good thing if anything to clarify it since I'm sure neither of these companies are like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts