RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just told by one dealer that in order for the dealer to order the recall kit for your bike, you need to bring it in? You can't just provide them your VIN or even sign a service order, but the bike has to physically be there???

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Yup... They told me the same thing on the phone today! I will go down and bitch them out if they think they are forcing me to drop my bike off without the parts.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok -this may be a silly thought, but I was wondering why not do some performance upgrades at the same time as the recall work so as to save some $$$ on labor costs....you know, trying to make some good out of a bad situation.
What mods come to mind? I was recommended upgrading the pistons, but not sure what performance that alone can give me?

·
Registered
559 Posts
When I talked to Yamaha, they said that Warrior owners were going to multiple dealers signing up for the recall. This was causing problems with their ordering system. They had multiple orders for the same bike going to different locations. They said the end result would have been some dealers would have too many kits and others would not have enough. The only way they could keep bikes from showing up in the system at multiple locations was to have the dealers collect the bikes. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with that if my bike was going to be there for two week, but 2 + months....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
LOL, they have a lame software system that can't manage customer recall registrations by VIN number and so the remedy is that we get to have our bikes confiscated? Jeez, it ain't rocket science to deny a request for parts in real time if the VIN number has already been entered at another dealer.

You know, if this *latest* act of stupidity is true, the route of a class action suit is going to start looking better and better to a lot more people. Gotta say, someone is working overtime to get even the most accomodating Warrior owners fired up....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Man... ..

What if the warrior is your daily driver? Will Yamaha provide a loaner? I wouldn't mind a loaner, if they kept my Warrior: chained up, covered, and locked away where no one would touch, see, or even smell it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yamaha created the multiple order mess by telling dealers to try contacting the customers they sold the bikes to for scheduling the repairs. So obviously the dealers started ordering kits. Now the problem is people buy them then move or sell them. Anyway they end up hundreds of miles from the point of sale so the owners go to the nearest dealer to sign up for the recall.

Don't try to excuse any of this. Yamaha created the mess and they want us to pay for it.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Stiletto, truer words have not been spoken! Guess I'll have to destroy mine 1st before I leave it at the dealer. My dealer will work with me anyway, they can tell Yamaha anything they want what are they gonna do send a rep to every dealer to make sure the bikes are there? What a cluster fvck!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
what a bunch of crock. If they need my bike I'll just get one of those little models and let them hold onto that. So far my dealer is just fine with me riding till the parts come in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i talked to mine today, he said he is getting 1 kit at the end of the month, i told him i was leaving for fl. and they could come get it before i leave. he told me no. he doesnt want it till the parts are in his hands. i was trying to get a loaner for daytona, no such luck. he told me to call, yamaha.
the F#$%in your gettin, aint worth the F#$%in your gona get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I talked to 2 different dealers. 1st had about 15 waiting and I would be leary of dropping my bike and letting it sit outside until the kits arrive. The second dealer who has already done recall work on a friends Road* only had 2 people in line. He was happy to take my name and number. Also, just to put everyone's mind at ease, neither service writer or tech at both dealerships knew you could adjust the stock ECU. I referred them both to this site for instructions. Hope instructions come with our kits.

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I went into my dealer with the recall letter to get the ball rolling, he pulled out a folder with the names, addresses, & phone #'s of folks that bought their Warrior there. There was a repair order for each name, filled out by the service manager. He said that was so he could go ahead & order the parts specifically for those bikes. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I was very glad to see that I was #2 on his list for calling when the parts arrive. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] He didn't ask me to surrender my bike that day..........Maybe 'cause it was snowing like a beeyatch. I never dealt with their service dept before, it WASN'T what I was expecting. They seemed very friendly & pleasant to deal with & they were extremely busy I noticed disassembling Goldwings for the frame recall. I'm gonna give 'em the benefit of the doubt & not be too worried about them taking my poor little Warrior apart.....................YET! I'll just have to wait & see what happens. (but I'll still worry a little bit though)

·
Registered
683 Posts
when i read about the recall on this forum i emailed a dealer immediately,though he still wasn't aware of the recall info,he took my info as well as my vin and ordered the ss parts i requested,put me on the list and then suggested to me that i call the dealer where my bike was purchased to let them know that he was doing the work which i didn't do but he did thru the parts software,the dealer that i selected to do the recall was highly recommended to me by someone i trust and so far he has shown me nothing but excellent customer service skills,and a high level of organization and efficiency.he updates me everytime i email him and has answered all my questions patiently.he knows this is bad mojo for everyone involved and is doing his best to make this as painless as possible.
although he hasn't actually performed the work yet he has gone a long way toward earning my trust and respect,i suspect that many dealerships,forum members (myself included) could take a page out of this guys book ....and learn alot about dealing with folks on issues that suck. now back to the topic....he hasn't contacted me yet but i would guess that is because he has all his ducks in a row and doesn't feel the need to do so yet as far as bringing my bike in.

bmb no matter where you hide your bike,or how much you covered it,i would still be able to smell it,and if no one was looking,i might sneak a coat of wax on it

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I went to two dealers today.
One was booked up 'till mid May!

I then went to the dealer I got the bike from; the same one who said I need to drop it off to order the parts. As it turns out, I was on the phone yesterday with the parts guy who gave me that info. The service guy today told me that he ordered 15 kits back when it was announced! He also said I was the second on the list and I can drop my bike off in 3 weeks. He also said I can call him prior to dropping it off to confirm the kit is in.

He told me to tell all you guys that a dealer is able to order kits without holding the bikes. Who knows if he is telling the truth, but he seemed shocked when I said that people have to have their bikes confiscated in order to get their kit.

CarKnee

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer told me in Jan. that he had ordered kits for all the bikes he had solded and that he did not want any bikes there till the kits came in. He said he would call when it was my turn. They did not want any bikes there so there was no risk of accidents. They told me that they had a list of names sent to them from Yahmaha with vins. and thats what he used to order parts by.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts