RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wanted to show off the beast with it's new/used seat.
Found it on ebay a few weeks ago and went for it. It's an '02-'03 seat I believe, but modded to fit on the '06. I took the chance and couldn't be happier.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] It's only the driver seat but I think it looks really good with the stock pillion.
What do you think?

Color matches well between the Mustang and stock pillion.

This is a shot of the back bracket. You can see some 'filing' has been done.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I've always liked the mustang as a solo seat. It looks like a custom made seat when you take the pillion off. Congrats on the new seat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is that all of the modification that you had to do?

I just received a reply email from Mustang that said that they did not make a seat for the '06 models. I have Mustang seats on all of my other bikes and I was getting bummed out about this deal.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
can you snap a pic with the pillon off please Alex? I have some winter mods planed, 1 of which is a seat with a backrest

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not short distances but on long trips. . .
My OEM got me about 40 mi before I started squirming in my seat. At 60 miles
I had to pull over and give my butt a break. Got a Corbin "stinger" seat and it gave
me about 20 more miles each before the same. Can you actually do a whole tank on it,
tank after tank on a trip, and not be squirming?

I am looking for a really comfy seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the props guys. I really like the look and its plenty comfy. Haven't taken a long ride yet but just from the short trips I can tell it will give me more ride time before I get a case of the numb-butt. The other thing I really like is that you actually do get some back support from the backrest. I didn't think I would because of the slight forward lean when riding but it does work.

kballowe: I'll try and gets some pics tomorrow with the pillion off

elloco: Not sure that there were any other mods done but here are a few more pics that I took the other day. Hope this helps you out. I can tell you that once the seat is on, I get no movement out of it. It's on as good as the stock seat as far as I can tell.

Front bracket

Close up of the part#. FYI: I couldn't find 79314 on the Mustang site.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There are a few other post about this, do a search on corbin rumble vs dual tour. I posted that a while back and got a lot of feedback about the mustang seat as well. From what I found, all you have to do is the filing but I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
to make the driver seat fit all that is needed is to narrow the rear bracket to 1 1/2" the rear pillion takes a little more.
1) you must remove the pillion mounting bracket
2) you will need to move the rear hoop bracket forward 4 1/2"
pretty simple to have a nice comfy seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your airbox cover on the rt side looks totally different than my 06; as does the air intake cover on the left side; on the front at the bottom of the down tube of the frame, your's has a fairing-type protrusion that mine doesn't. Are these mods on yours?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts