RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have decided to get a mustang seat no studs or conchos. but I have an 07 warrior so i am starting from scratch. where do i get a cheap mustang seat. and do they have a back support for the passenger. and where is the mod steps that i need to modify the seatmounting pieces to fit an07.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I like mine, but since I have an '03 the seat snapped right on. Good luck, the seat is worth your effort.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got mine from ebay brand new for $150. I was looking for about a year but if you want to spend around $200+ you can find one a little easier. Check the classifieds here and ebay. I also searched craigslist and found one is CA for a good price. I'll look for the email.

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
It took a long time for me to save but I bought one some time ago from Cruiser Customizing on sale and it arrived quickly andin perfect shape. I wanted to be sure I got the real deal and no flaws or damage, so I went that way.

On their website tonight I noticed a new tag that says "fits all current model years" but it also has the same "does not fit 2004-up" statement its always had. Not sure what to make of that since I think the '04+ needs a little nudge.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=49&Category_ID=1&manufacturer_ID=56&product_ID=8224&sblid_name=Mustang_Seats_Wide_Vintage___Piece_Touring_Seat___Warrior_for_Yamaha_Road_Star_Warrior_1700

If you search rswarrior.com for 'mustang vintage' you will find different approaches to quick mods to make the seat fit 2004+ bikes.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Wow Jon, you almost stole that seat. I paid $200.00 including frt. Also I got the studs and like the look.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The seat fits easily, just have to grind away about an 1/8 inch off of each side of the rear tab on the front seat. For the rear pillon just bolt it on where the toolkit keeper mounts. don't worry about the rear of the passenger pillon, it wont go anywhere. I can take pics if needed.

The backrest is a seperate item there are several on the market. Mine is from Valueaccessories.com pics are in my gallery

·
Registered
5 Posts
I come back to the question : Which kind of mod would I need to do to install a Mustang rear pillon on a 07 ?

Can you guys share some pictures ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have a 06 warrior that I put a mustang seat on.

My approch goes as follow:

**New** 02-03 Toolbag/front seat bracket

Simply replace the old one with new one

**New** 02-03 Inner fender

Install Inner fender and Drill new holes in fender, Fill old holes by either welding them and repainting or buying little plugs from ace hardware.

Then the mustang with just go on as it should.

Also if you are looking for a rear back rest, get the Mc Enterprises back rest but for a 04+ it is moved sligthly rearward so it won't dig into the rear seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The seat fits easily, just have to grind away about an 1/8 inch off of each side of the rear tab on the front seat. For the rear pillon just bolt it on where the toolkit keeper mounts. don't worry about the rear of the passenger pillon, it wont go anywhere. I can take pics if needed.

The backrest is a seperate item there are several on the market. Mine is from Valueaccessories.com pics are in my gallery

Hello, can you please post pictures?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts