RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW this is asked all the time. I searched. Just want some head to head comparisons, especially the sound. I love the look of the BUB staggered Chambermaids. BUT: don't want it that loud. So, its between the Muzzy and PP. Thanks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the propipe but would rather have had the muzzy it is all stainless steel but wasnt available when I bought mine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the Muzzy and I am VERY impressed. To quote by brother,"It sounds like a race car when it is in full song" (every once and a while I catch him on his CBR 954). The pipes are not crazy loud, but it definately barks when you open it up. I feel comfortable riding through the neighborhood; haven't had any complaints yet.

Have Muzzy with Thunder Air, PCIII with custom map, AIS removed, and the bike recently dynoed at 90.3 max HP and 116.9 max torque. Pre custom map the bike was at 88.0 and 112.3, and that was with the Muzzy map that comes with the pipes, and no manual adjustment. Muzzy map was rich on the low end, lean through mid and high, as it was created with the stock airbox. I will post pics and charts as soon as I get my scanner up. Email me if you want the map, I just need to pull it off the bike.

As far as the ProPipe, I don't have any personal experience, but tons of guys on this site have had a lot of good things to say about it. You probably can't go wrong with either one, just preference.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've got propipe but I don't really see that you'll go wrong with either. Like lots of choices, you'll do all your agonizing before you buy it. Once bought, you'll be agonizing about some other choice for a different mod.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
True Penzoil -
I am not he most aggresive guy on this forum, but I can't imagine scraping any part of the Muzzy. Guess that could factor into the decision. I pretty sure that some members have run the ProPipe aground.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
That's why I did not buy the pro-pipe. They write that statement in their catalog. I think it was one of the most beautiful pipe ever, but scrap that ... no way Jose ,I'm still aggresive on curves so I buy a slip-on because Muzzy's were still on drawings. Good Luck !

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Love my propipe's deep rumble. I have never dragged the pipe and I do scrape pegs from time to time. I was looking at the Muzzy before I got the propipe and I liked the upswept look a lot. The two major factors that kept me away from Muzzy was it limits luggage options because it is upswept, and because it is a stainless steel system, it will yellow. I'm not a chrome freak, but I definately don't want yellow metal on my bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts