RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
In the late 70's I lived in Cedar Mill which was wilderness back then lol. I worked on west Burnside then for years on Hwy 30 (St Helen's Rd). That was before (and during) construction of the 26 into portland. So I went up the forest and over the top from Cedar Mill right down onto 30. It truly sucked in snow and deer were everywhere. But man I loved it. Especially if I was off work and riding to the coast for pancakes in Astoria or some such. I looked at a couple houses in St John's but ended up moving down the south valley. I still regret selling that Cedar Mill house!

What's your current favorite ride?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the late 70's I lived in Cedar Mill which was wilderness back then lol. I worked on west Burnside then for years on Hwy 30 (St Helen's Rd). That was before (and during) construction of the 26 into portland. So I went up the forest and over the top from Cedar Mill right down onto 30. It truly sucked in snow and deer were everywhere. But man I loved it. Especially if I was off work and riding to the coast for pancakes in Astoria or some such. I looked at a couple houses in St John's but ended up moving down the south valley. I still regret selling that Cedar Mill house!

What's your current favorite ride?
This will actually be my first bike in the Portland area (rode for years down in CA) but looking forward to the ride out to Astoria in the summer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're in a great spot to ride east or west. Lots of great roads in both directions. I'm on the eastside so I pretty much avoid Portland and stick to the east side. My current favorite ride is a nice highway blast out to Multnomah Falls and then ride the curves, wee wee wee all the way home! :)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
@pumagaju,

Hey ride the roads around Bull Run as part of that jaunt. You can take the old Model T road from Multnomah Falls Lodge parking lot (not the freeway pull-out lot) by going west and up the ridge. Say Hello to the tippy canoe for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to say the Tippy Canoe burned to the ground last year. Today its just rubble. Here's to hoping it'll make a comeback. Great location on the river.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
Shocked. I remember when it was a dive bar and I remember watching the reconstruction into a restaurant. Food and surroundings were top shelf. I just read-up and found this picture, I always enjoyed that back yard party area especially on hot summer nights. As you know the river is steps away to the right in the pic. Shirley is a great chef in her own right. This is a huge disaster. I hope she finds a way back, but she has to be every bit of 80 by now. All things must pass. I suppose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts