RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I replaced the entire transfer case because I found it for the same price of just the worn middle drive gear with bad splines that I wanted to replace. I knew once I started to wrench on the warrior it would turn into a bigger mod. I really thought the mod would of been a 110" PR big bore kit. Here is a pic of the transfer case removed.

Well I put everything back together and start to think about that I have had my Warrior for 5 great years, the longest I have ever had a bike. On a whim I check on trading it in on something new to me at the local dealers. I was thinking of something along the lines of a 600cc sport bike to make into a track day bike. Turns out that nobody anywhere has used 600cc bikes, they are a very hot item at this time, guess with gas prices and lower insurance and bike cost copared to liter bikes. So the Yami dealer says I got this sitting on the lot and I need to move it because nobody buys liter bikes anymore.

So today I said good bye to:

And hello to my Busa's new stable mate. A 2005 Ninja ZX-10R with 4800 miles on her. OTD price for $3500, which was something I could live with. The dealer test rode the Warrior and immediately said, that is not a stock motor (with a big smile).

More power than I need for trackdays, but at least I will stop using the Busa for trackdays. I don't have brand loyalty, if a product is good I like it, if it is not good I will say it is a bad product no matter who makes it. My only grip with the Warrior would have to be the 35 lbs of transfer case just to make it a left hand drive bike. It was time for a change for me, I will get back into cruisers at some time. Funny thing is:

One girl will not talk to me because I got rid of the Warrior, she liked it that much.

One girl was disappointed and is not talking to me for a few days, kinda like mourning period.

Another girl was sad but still happy that she can still ride the busa.

·
Registered
42 Posts
nice bike! i have a 07 10-R. you'll have to check out http://zx-10r.net. great source of information.

look into getting rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert. it will be the best $25 you'll ever spend on your bike. :)

dj

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
Here's the photos for all the IE Users

Joe... lots of luck with the new bike
... andthe purpose of thetransfer case & middle shaft on the YamahaV-Twin Cruisersis much more than just making thema left hand drive bike

megawatt said:
Last week I replaced the entire transfer case because I found it for the same price of just the worn middle drive gear with bad splines that I wanted to replace. I knew once I started to wrench on the warrior it would turn into a bigger mod. I really thought the mod would of been a 110" PR big bore kit. Here is a pic of the transfer case removed.

Well I put everything back together and start to think about that I have had my Warrior for 5 great years, the longest I have ever had a bike. On a whim I check on trading it in on something new to me at the local dealers. I was thinking of something along the lines of a 600cc sport bike to make into a track day bike. Turns out that nobody anywhere has used 600cc bikes, they are a very hot item at this time, guess with gas prices and lower insurance and bike cost copared to liter bikes. So the Yami dealer says I got this sitting on the lot and I need to move it because nobody buys liter bikes anymore.

So today I said good bye to:

And hello to my Busa's new stable mate. A 2005 Ninja ZX-10R with 4800 miles on her. OTD price for $3500, which was something I could live with. The dealer test rode the Warrior and immediately said, that is not a stock motor (with a big smile).

More power than I need for trackdays, but at least I will stop using the Busa for trackdays. I don't have brand loyalty, if a product is good I like it, if it is not good I will say it is a bad product no matter who makes it. My only grip with the Warrior would have to be the 35 lbs of transfer case just to make it a left hand drive bike. It was time for a change for me, I will get back into cruisers at some time. Funny thing is:

One girl will not talk to me because I got rid of the Warrior, she liked it that much.

One girl was disappointed and is not talking to me for a few days, kinda like mourning period.

Another girl was sad but still happy that she can still ride the busa.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, support for the oil tank, shorten thedrive belt length, change the angle between the pulleys etc. Just more moving parts and added cost that other manufactures do away with that would increase power, less friction, lighter weight blah blah blah. If I have a choice in the future and can choose a bike without one then I would choose without.

So whats your next mod Alan? I will still catch up with the warriors on future rides and get togethers schedule permitting. If you ever make it thru Vegas give me a heads up.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya know Alan you really should not be that suprised if that is in my future. I like the whole idea and concept or simplicity right there.

Dedjer, I have spent some time on the forum. I found out and already orderd from champ industries (his sliders). GPR on order, galfer brake lines on the way, new ZVX2 chain these items ordered from hardracing.com since they are having crazy inventory reduction sales.

Looks like I can squeeze in one trackday before the end of the year.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. That's a cheap price for a ZX-10! ****, I could almost get that just for my Ohlins components on my R1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts