RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a buffalo hide for $75.00, took it and my seat to Knepp's collar shop. They charged $50.00 to recover the seat with the buffalo hide. I used a black leather dye to stain the top portion, but I thought the brown sides looked good, so I left them natural. I used gold braid for the trim. It's a little more comfortable than the stock cover I think.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
LIKE IT! ANd I miss my strape too. I am actually thinking of putting it back on so I can strap my tank bag on it like I used to. The only reason I took it off was for looks, but **** was it handy. IMISS MY STRAP< BOOOO HOOOO HOOOOO

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
redbull -- that's quite a compliment coming from you. I've thought your bike is one of the coolest.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Sweet lookin seat. I never thought about having the Amish recover mine. I have had a 1/2 hide of leather and re-shaped cut down seat for about 6 months. I had the best intentions of making my own cover, but never did it. I may have to head down to the local harness/saddle shop.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by naylorscott

What is this strap people are missing?
Pre 2004 models with the one piece seat have a strap, as you can see in the pic. Most of us removed it soon as be bought it. I kept mine for a little while, and actualy used it, LOL... Since removing it, I have found myself needing it a few times. Really, it doesn't look all that bad with it, and it is functional. Plus, now if you have it, people will think it is custom, as most everyone has remove thiers....!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by phixr

redbull -- that's quite a compliment coming from you. I've thought your bike is one of the coolest.
Seriously, that is one of the coolest looking seats I have seen to date. SO, why wouldn't I complement it? I see something cool, I usually blurt something out[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]!

Thanks, for your complement, it doesn't get that much attention on the forum like it used to with all these bad ass bikes coming about on the forum in the last couple years. I take em' well when I get em!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts