RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after three years with the same color. I thought i was time for a change. I'm not completely done yet but close enough for some pictures. This is a candy apple red with carbon fiber look accents and what I like to call ghost demons. I like the effects together because it has a sporty look from a distance and when the light is directly on it. But, if you move where the sun is hitting at an angle or behind you, the demons pop out giving it the cruiser from **** look. I still have some cleaning up to do and a few things to finish. I threw a few things together to be able to get a picture befure dark(greasy finger prints and all). Here, take a look.

Carbon fiber looj on he pulley and swingarm

Finely the demons show up

Demons are almoat gone again

They're gone

Gone again

Carbon fiber look on oil tank, swingarm and frame

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everrybody, it's coming along pretty well considering it's not even winter yet. Just after I took the pictures, I mounted he fender stays that match the carbon fiber look bringing it from front all the way to the rear. I wasn't sure I'd like the carbon fiber look fender stays bu when I saw them on, it was a no brainer. When I'm all done, I'll post some more pictures.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, yeah. But I also never really wanted the color I had, what I wanted originally was a brandy wine but my wife has that and after painting a couple of candy apple and a couple of blood red, I was confused on which to do so I flipped a coin. I figured I'd be able to find my bike pretty well in a crowd. Not that this is ever an issue with a warrior anyway
mdfdwarrior said:
Very nice Dennis - the sporty look has really bit you huh?!?!
mdfdwarrior said:
Very nice Dennis - the sporty look has really bit you huh?!?!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Dennis,
I'm not much of a carbon fiber lover, but the "demon" paint looks great. I want to be 100% honest with you about the entire bike. I think the tins and the side covers done in red look great, but the extra red details (lower fork covers, pulley cover, etc) are a bit much. This is just my opinion and know that my opinion is usually wrong. Just ask my wife!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
opinions vary, that's why it's not too easy to paint stuff in advance for sale. One mans treasure is another mans garbage (that's why they invented garage sales). The important thing is it works for me, right?

Pep said:
Dennis,
I'm not much of a carbon fiber lover, but the "demon" paint looks great. I want to be 100% honest with you about the entire bike. I think the tins and the side covers done in red look great, but the extra red details (lower fork covers, pulley cover, etc) are a bit much. This is just my opinion and know that my opinion is usually wrong. Just ask my wife!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Totaly cool. The carbon fiber look and ghost demons are awsome to look at but I cant help thinking about the level of detail and difficulty.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The worst part was all the pieces that were already painted that I had to repaint. Thst's the reason I didn't get around to it for 3 years. Since I like this color, I should be good for a long time. Even if I repaint, I'd have no problem staying with this base color. Red and black are my favorite vehicle colors.

antitech1 said:
Totaly cool. The carbon fiber look and ghost demons are awsome to look at but I cant help thinking about the level of detail and difficulty.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just to let everyone know that pictures do not do this paint job justice. I saw it this past sunday and WOW it looks way beter than it did befor. Not to say that it looked bad befor but that it is even beter now. Oh and Dennis I do like the way that swing arm turned out it looks awesome.Now I got to get new pics of the three amigos again...LOL

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
You have done a great job with the bike did you do all the work yourself? I am thinking of painting mind if I decide to keep her, maybe a nice black cherry with a littile carbn fiber on the side.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts