RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need y’all help. I have a 05 warrior mostly stock all it has is a Barnett pressure plate. Today after riding for a few hrs my bike wouldn’t move. I got to a stop sign put it in first gear and it wouldn’t go. I could hear something spinning though. My clutch lever seams to work my gear lever seams to do it’s job aswell. But when I let go of my clutch lever after puting it in gear it doesn’t go nowhere. Revs up. I had a friend pull me home since we weren’t far and the whole way I could hear something spinning and like hitting. I was in neutral the whole way. I got home took the clutch cover off and the clutch and pressure plate seam to be fine. What do you guys think is my problem?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did you snap your chain on the other side? If you firm the clutch basket does it turn the motor over?

·
Administrator
5,909 Posts
His belt was eat up. All of the teeth were ate off. Probably something wrong with his front pulley that caused it but we'll see if he posts about what he did to fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I see how the belt is I’m starting g to believe that the hitti g noise it was making was from the leftover teeth from the belt as it was going around. I could be wrong tho. What else should I take apart?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,720 Posts
Inspect the profile dimensions of the front pulley teeth all the way around the pulley, or get a Heftysmurf pulley if he has any remaining. I've not seen any official tooth shape profile dimensions. So it's good to observe the pulley teeth while slowly rotating so the eyes notice differences in appearance (signaling wear).

Service manual Chapter 4 will help with the task. Get the free e-copy.

See page 3-47+ for belt alignment and tension adjustments, read every word, every sentence and every event in sequence matters.

Consider S&S / Gates belt # 106-0359.

Motion Pro 10-pound belt tension gauge part# 08-0350. See our Documentation forum for several help files and references. That area is purposefully manual-browsing so start in the Table of Contents then manually browse to.

You need a fresh pulley 'tabbed' lock washer #90215-30233-00 or newer (newest I'm aware of is #90215-26241). Also a fresh nut #90179-22004 or newer. Wet threads with motor oil before installing. Front pulley torque in manual is wrong, use 100~110 foot pounds. Separate: note that later model years have a different pulley nut and washer design so don't confuse them, they do NOT interchange.

ALSO: use a magnet to determine if your front pulley is aluminum or steel. You need steel. Some shops sold aluminum back in the day. This bike eats them for lunch. They stopped offering them for this bike.

So this either occurred due to lack of preventive maintenance or from an improperly tensioned and/or aligned drive belt, or it's an aluminum front pulley, or it's the original drive belt (died of old age).

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the help I took the tire off and taking the belt off as we speak. Take a look
That's an aftermarket Carlisle RPP Panther Ultra Cord pulley belt and a POS.

The failure you've experienced is 'A' typical of this manufacturers rubber belt caused by jumping teeth under heavy acceleration and the Telltale is its construction. The smooth outer surface and dimpled axial tooth :)

IMHO, based on your enclosed photo, there is no issue with your front stock pulley or sliders though no harm in inspecting both front and rear pulleys.

The Gates HTD Poly Chain (BDL-PC-118) or the newer carbon S&S / Gates belt will do the deed nicely!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys I finally found time earlier this week to look around at the bike I hadn’t touched it since.... till the other day I checked it out looked at the front pulley everything looks fine but I still got it replaced for this job I had a real motorcycle mechanic do it. I didn’t wanna go through the hassle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts