RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard from another local forum member that the dealer we are using has installed it's first kit on a Roadstar. They have not received their first kit for a Warrior as of yet.
Here we go.....

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Hmmm. I know a RS owner up here who had the recall done this last fall, not sure what month but it was a long time ago...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
My local dealer just did its first roadstar this week aswell, I was quite surprised we'd got some parts over here so soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 3rd on the list for the 1700's, but still no kits in sight here in St. Pete FL. And it will be in the 80's today. Perfect for a ride. !!!SERENITY NOW!!!SERENITY NOW!!!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Just came back today from my dealer Powersports Yamaha @ Columbus, Mississippi. The one and only RSW kit came in a week ago and today my 2003 RSW is on the rack starting the recall and adding the S* parts. He said it will be ready in about two days (he is off Sunday & Monday's). I will not be able to pick it up until the following Tuesday, so I told him to run her good to make sure there are no problems when I pick it up.

They only sold two RSW in two years (this is 4 wheeler ATV country) and the other bike moved to another state. If you are nearby you might want to talk to them about possibly performing the recall. They don't have any idea on other kit's delivery dates but they have a 200' wide carport with three sides to store bikes behind their 12' tall fence surrounding their property. They have been in business for years and five months ago they moved into this new facility.

A new oil filter was included in the recall kit.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It better be because the tank is off, oil is drained and motor is out. I had him double check last week when the kit came in. I am guessing the early delivery was due to me ordering the S* parts and telling him about the recall on 14 January, a couple of days after I read about it here and searched NTHSA. He requested the kit that same day, I did not get any resistance at all about not having a letter or how it was not in the Yami system at that time.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I was at my dealer on Friday and they were just completing their first Roadstar. The pipes, tank and a couple more assorted items were laid-out on a blanket-covered bench, neatly. I looked things over and I am not worried about this at all. They are doing a damned good job.

It took 10 hours on Thursday, and they said about another two hours remained until Roadstar 1 was completed. By now, this guy is probably on a long ride somewhere, this issue begind him. The guy doing all of these recalls has 30 years experience on motorcycles. Roadstar #2 gets it's turn Monday.

The kit for my Warrior is expected soon. I will be the first RSW at this dealership to get the work done. He said he has a waiting list of 30+ so far for Roadstars - I am the only RSW that's been delivered - so I am number 001.

I was also told if you're on the waiting list, when the parts come in, you're called and told to bring it in right away. As soon as it's delivered, they start next day. That's how they're working it. Every dealer probably has their own way they're going to do this. At my dealer, no show when called... they move on to the next guy on the list. So, if you're on a waiting list - and you're called, you may want to be there. - Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts