RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know the stock lighting on these bikes sucks. With that said I went on a hunt for the best possible light I could get in this bike.

First up came the dem 55w 5k series hid bulbs. Actually awesome as **** and bright as ****. Downfall.... they arnt vibration resistant and as a result I would burn a bulb about every 10k miles.

Then moved on to cyclops LED as I was reading on here and a few other places that some people had gone with them and liked it. Well... its garbage. Bulb burnt out at about the 10,000 mile mark as well even though they are advertised as motorcycle kites (should be able to take the vibration).
Contact the company and a 1 year warantee is offered - of course I'm 3 months out of this time frame, and as a result was instead offered half off of a new bulb.... this is still 60 bucks plus shipping.

Interestingly these cyclops bulbs are listed to be made with cree xml2 bulbs and reading up on cree they state that the xml2 is made to, "... ensure long term reliability... " however I got the exact opposite. These LED's belong in blinkers and tail lights. Not something you need to actually depend on to be safe.

I've gone back to my ddm hid as the light output is 200% better and at the end of the day replacement bulbs are 10 bucks.

Farewell cyclops bulbs.... glad to say my experience with your products is over.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad they've worked for yall this far, just sharing my experiences. I've gotten the HID back in and happier than ever with the amount of light that I have vs those cyclops bulbs, and 2 bulbs ran me 25 bucks. One in the dome, one in my bag as a spare.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I don't recall which h.i.d kit I used onmy 05 but it was great and I had "Glenda"lights as extra lighting and they are incredible.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I run a cyclops currently, no problems in a few years, so far. DDM HDI? What is this? Where did you get it? I am in San Diego also. Thanks!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Glad they've worked for yall this far, just sharing my experiences. I've gotten the HID back in and happier than ever with the amount of light that I have vs those cyclops bulbs, and 2 bulbs ran me 25 bucks. One in the dome, one in my bag as a spare.
The HID I put in took out my generator. The Cyclopes has been solid for me for many years and miles at this point. I started this with the 3600 bulb, quickly bought the 3800. It's better and has been bullet proof. I have 142k miles on my '02, and that bulb has lit my way for over 100k miles. They last!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts