RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2007 Warrior for a year now and finally had the time and money (mostly money) to start changing things about a bit. I've added Sportech's 22" removable windshield and the Enterprise sissybar and rack. Then I road over 2700 miles in 8 days (including riding home to WV from TX).

I must say I'm very happy with the windshield. I ride **** near as much as possible and put more miles on my Warrior than my Subaru WRX so I wanted something for long rides that was easily removable. I can easily see over the windshield and still get a good bit of wind, but I can wear sunglasses instead of goggles now and can hear the passenger behind me even at high speeds. As for handling, I've had it up to 110 with little or no effect, in the twisties there may have been a very minimal amount of dampening to the handling. On the way home from TX I actually got better gas mileage with the windshield on than I usually get with it off. Taking it on and off is as simple as pulling on it. Installing it was also very easy, however I did have to grind off the pin that holds the wire clamp (I'm may be making up these names) to the handle bar on the left side to get the clamp on. It fit on the right side without removing anything.

The sissybar went on easily enough but I scratch the fender bracket
getting it on. The rack was a different story, it was an evil little SOB for someone with no experience in working on motorcycles, I had to take a drill to the holes to get it to fit.

Since in WV I've also installed an HID headlight from SharpHID, and that was definitely the most invasive thing I've done yet. It wasn't too hard with the service manual. The directions it came with were for a car and confusing. The kit includes the harness for the car set so I had some wires to hide and I'm still not happy at all with where the wires are... something to work on in the future I'm sure. Now that I've started I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to modding this bike, it's not NEARLY as hard as I thought it was going to be (famous last words?).

Not sure how these pictures are going to turn out... hope it's not too much or too big...

This is the pin I was talking about, on the right side the bracket fit just inside it, but not on the left.

Scratch

Oh and I used velcro straps to attach this Moster iPod remote :).

·
Registered
926 Posts
I just cant help myself, I have to say the rear inner fender with the reflectors is buggin me. Ive had the warrior for a little over a year but the first mods I did were cheap which included chopping up the rear fender until I saved up for a fender eliminator. Check out my profile if you are curious on some of the other cheap stuff I did.

Too bad about the scratch, been there.

Is that tape on the fender to protect the finish from bungee cords? I do like the windshield especialy the mounts. 2700 miles in 8 days? dammmm........ Well the bike looks comfy enough.

I dont have much use for a sissy bar... where Antitech1 rides, he rides alone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also purchased MC enterprises Sissy Bar and Rack. I put the sissy bar on, but I couldn't get myself to put the Rack on. I thought it would look too ugly, but looking at your photos, it's not as hideous as I thought it would be. Hmm... my rack is still in it's new plastic wrapper. I'mstill waffling. May still go with the Cruiselite Saddlebag system.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
looks good so far.. i agree with antitech about the rearfender though..I hate the sissy bar, but the girlfriend loves it, so I also have the scratched fender stay, but all the more reason to get a set of chrome fender stays!! I like the windscreen also..how is your backside on the stock seat after the 2700 mile trek? I need a new seat as I cant take the 250 mile days anymore. How did you come to WV? 35 to 40 to70? looking good, now you'll just keep going and going.....

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
coygi1 said:
getting it on. The rack was a different story, it was an evil little SOB for someone with no experience in working on motorcycles, I had to take a drill to the holes to get it to fit.

Some verynice mods there
.... now not to burst your balloon, buti suspect thatyou purchased the early year MC Enterprises sissy bar and luggage rack for the '02-03' Warrior andthat's why drilling was necessary. The backrest looks to far fwd in the photo
... now i've been wrong before!

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
AlanH said:
now not to burst your balloon, buti suspect thatyou purchased the early year MC Enterprises sissy bar and luggage rack for the '02-03' Warrior andthat's why drilling was necessary. The backrest looks to far fwd in the photo

I bought my sissy bar used and never asked what year it was off of, but mine sits like his...hmmm....I thought the girlfriend was lovin me up....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlanH said:
coygi1 said:

Some verynice mods there
.... now not to burst your balloon, buti suspect thatyou purchased the early year MC Enterprises sissy bar and luggage rack for the '02-03' Warrior andthat's why drilling was necessary. The backrest looks to far fwd in the photo

No actually I was very specific about NOT buying that rack but I think that's what I ended up getting. The sissybar sits about perfect so I'm told.

I am ashamed to say, but yes that was tape protecting the paint
however this was my first real bike (I had a POS for a year to learn how to ride) that I've really started getting into and I'm kinda learning what NOT to do by actually doing it then kicking myself. I agree that the Warrior looks better without the rack and sissybar, but since I ride as often as possible (such as to work) I needed something I could cary stuff on. Since getting a different bike was out of the question (I'm stuck on this warrior) that was my comprimise. As for getting rid of the reflectors... those go when I get the integrated tail light and replace the front turn signals... figure I'll do it all at one time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a MC150 33 rack off ebay with no installation instruction. It came with no hardware. I can't figure out how to attach rear support braces to the fender without butchering fender. I think I was shorted the mounting bracket that go under the fender.. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I bought a MC150 33 rack off ebay with no installation instruction. It came with no hardware. I can't figure out how to attach rear support braces to the fender without butchering fender. I think I was shorted the mounting bracket that go under the fender.. Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Welcome to the forum Cliff. You have come to the right place for all warrior related things.

Have you called MC Enterprises directly? 1-866-886-2368. You probably can order a hardware kit from them. Give me a couple minutes and I'll look at mine and give you the info.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
All of the hardware is chrome, but if you go to your local hardware store you might be able to find what you need in stainless. The hardware kit consists of Socket Head Cap Screws and some spacers that fit in between the rack and the fender stays.

FRONT
2- 8mm x 1.25 x 50mm
2- 13/16" x 3/8" Thick Spacers

REAR
2- 8mm x 1.25 x 35mm
2- 13/16" x 1/8" Thick Spacers

Be careful when installing as you can scratch up your fender stays real easily. Have someone assist you the first few times and throw down a towel on fender.

Follow this order of installation.
1- Remove only the rear bolts.
2- Install the rear spacers, rack, and start the rear bolts but do not tighten.
3- Remove front bolts.
4- Install front spacers, rack, and start front bolts.
5- Tighten all bolts.

I like pics to help explain things so here you go!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts