RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
The 2018 Breakouts have 2 counter balance parts in the motor instead of 1 in the 2017 models. I believe they are solid mounted motors like the Warrior because of the 2 counter balance parts new for 2018. The gas tanks are smaller than the previous year, 2018 is 3.5 gal. and the 2017 was 5 gal. Leaves room for modding after the warranty runs out.:) How you liking that 6 speed Joey? That's a good looking color, the bike looks great.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2018 Breakouts have 2 counter balance parts in the motor instead of 1 in the 2017 models. I believe they are solid mounted motors like the Warrior because of the 2 counter balance parts new for 2018. The gas tanks are smaller than the previous year, 2018 is 3.5 gal. and the 2017 was 5 gal. Leaves room for modding after the warranty runs out.:) How you liking that 6 speed Joey? That's a good looking color, the bike looks great.
Thanks! Yes they are solid mounted, the smooth power is incredible, I haven't had it on the freeway yet so I haven't gotten to 6'th gear yet, tomorrow for sure!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
The gas tanks are smaller than the previous year, 2018 is 3.5 gal. and the 2017 was 5 gal. How you liking that 6 speed Joey?
I don't know why they went with the smaller gas tank? it kind of reminds me of the Rocker tank. I also don't know why they haven't put duel brakes on the front of most of their bikes, god knows they could use the extra braking power. I've already discussed the 6 speed with Joey and I believe this could be one of the greatest benefits this bike has over the Warrior, especially when downshifting through a corner. It's just smoother and has gears right where you want them.
I always wished Yami would put 6 gears on the War-Dawg, with just a few updates the Warrior would have been an AWESOME and viable contender even today! I also still love the inverted ft end on the W but somehow it doesn't seem to work with the chopper appearance many HDs have. Maybe Joey should rebuild and hang on to his W, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Thanks! Yes they are solid mounted, the smooth power is incredible, I haven't had it on the freeway yet so I haven't gotten to 6'th gear yet, tomorrow for sure!
I don't shift into 6th until at least 60 mph. They recommend not to lug a Harley motor. I usually keep the rpm's in the 2300-2500 rpm range. I just get into 6th on open roads and interstates most the time. The M8 motor might be different, you might search questions you might have. I've done a bunch of research myself just to educate myself enough to work on them. I installed cams, lifters, and new timken cam bearings in my motor so far. I had to buy some tools to get it done but they are very easy to work on. Oh, my Warrior will still outrun it.:D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Looks great. I'm sure the forums won't compare to this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Looking good Joey...
After pulling the baffles is slamming that rear end.
Congratz bro.....

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 257 Posts