RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hours of pain staking detail taping potential scratch points on powder coat and chrome, polishing, disassembly, assembly, and dozens of photos along the way...

My V&H Big Shots areNOT on... a picture says it allbut essentially a quarter inch off no matter how you tweak it. And yes I tightened the front header to spec. So, now I have to contact Phats to sort this out. Not a Joyous day for me.

As flush as it's going to get against front header...

So no V&H Big Shots today...

Back to Stock...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'm sure someone will disagree with me... but, I've found, in the past, when mounting different pipes on my bikes, that seating the front pipe, and threading the nuts onto the bolts until they're a little less than hand tight, and then giving the rear pipe a little "Fonzarelli" (a heavy bump with the outside of a closed fist) or two, will usually set the rear pipe into position.

I've never seen a set of aftermarket pipes fit like stock. That's just my experience.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Justice is right on this one. I had V and H bigshots and mine only fit properly after the same method was used. I always kind of didn't like them so they're sittin in the box my Jugg Huggers came in.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
When I put my Wicked Bros Cobra on it was about that much off at the back . All I did was pull that rearunit back till it popped in there , no problems so far

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, I suppose I can give it another try.... if it were an eighth or less I woulda forced it the first time. Seems QC is not a strong suit. Most folks on the 4M seem to be able to throw the pipes on with no fitment problems while others run into this issue. I can say if it is this much of a PITA--I'm not inclined to be repeatedly removing them as is sometimes necessary for other work. If this turns out not to be a manufacturer "defect" that can be resolved by a replacement set--I may have the front header pipe machined down a bit. Looks like there is a half inch to play with.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
The propipe went on with no problem. Fit just like the stock pipe. I guess I am either just plain luck or just plain good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
paintshakerdave said:
Justice is right on this one. I had V and H bigshots and mine only fit properly after the same method was used. I always kind of didn't like them so they're sittin in the box my Jugg Huggers came in.
+1. Had my VH BigShots off for winter mods... just put them back on 2 nights ago with same method. Used an upside downplastic storage bin to support the end of the pipes near the rear tire while i fit the front, then back, then attached to the mounting plate near the rear wheel. Torque to spec.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
I just took my Big Shots off to put the relocated barons resevoir on,and shave the old bracket holder off my frame. That was a little scary. When I was installing the Big Shots back on the bike,it was the same as your's, about a 1/4 off, and these pipes have been on my bike for almost 4 years. You would think with all that heat that they would hold there shape after 4 years.But I had to do the same everybody else has,put the front on first,and pull,or bang it over,and it popped right in. Don't over tighten or you will bend the flange. How long do these things last? Mine still looks great,But I keep it in a garage.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yep, had clearance issues with my Samson's as well. A little elbow grease and a bump here and there lining up bolt holes and bracket holes and they're on. Been that way for a year and 3 months with no issues.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: My New Pipes UPDATE!!!

Gave it the old college try today and with a little persuasion the results are in... (Thanks everyone for the input)

Here is the persuasion part...

And the results...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts