RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my warrior on sat. 2007 9 miles hehe. I think i got a pretty good price on in. 10500 including the 4 year tire warranty.

My brother has a 05 warrior with the purple ghost paint, I fell in love with it so i went out got got me a new 07 midnight.

Its a real sleeper.
I love the quite pipe but would like a down pipe better, so i can move the rear foot pegs for the wife down.

I wondering are there any down pipes that are close to as quite as the factory pipe. or is there a header out there some where where i can lower the factory exaust a few inches.

My bro has a Vance Hines 2 in to 1 and its sounds very sweet. But i really want to keep the bike a sleeper.

Insert Image:

52.69KB
I would love any input on piples

god bless
bob

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
1st, welcome to the best dam forum "period"!!!!
Now...

Where's the pics my brotherrerrrrrr!!!!!

congrats on the new scoot! these things are a blast to ride. Oh and good luck keepin the bike quiet. seems most of us (not all of us) like them louder....so the cagers around us know we are there.!! keeps them awake!!!! I HOPE!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
ardsranger,

to the forums!

And congrats on the new ride...Oh Yeah! Another Midnight Warrior to add to our ranks...

Look out guys! The dark side is taking over...

Anyway...As for pipes...Most anything aftermarket will probably make the bike louder. Which isn't a bad thing...Because actually in my opinion the Warrior sounds a lot better once she's opened up. Lose the water heater exhaust and get some good pipes, so your new beast can breathe and sound better.

There is a lowering kit for the passenger pegs offered by Yamaha...They drop the pegs down about an inch or so, I think...Might want to look into giving them a try...

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
5 Posts
may I ask what part of Tx you found a Midnight in? I was looking for a Midnight (I'm in dfw area) and a friend at a Yamaha dealership told me the closest one was about 180 miles south. Called them and they wanted $11.7K out the door, from a $10.3K price (for new '07). They wouldn't budge from the price so I might settle for a charcoal silver for $10.5k otd.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Four year tire warranty. My rear tire didn't even last one season.
I like the rumble of my BigShots, forget quiet.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
4 year tire warranty, I was on tire number 6 at the end of season #4. Are they warrantied against getting bald?
Oh yeah and welcome.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome to the team Robert and many congrats on your new Midnight. I'm not aware of any aftermarket pipes that are as quiet as the stockers. The Yammi Speedstar pipes might be what you're looking for, they're quiet(ish) in the low revs but let out a nice deep roar when you rip open the throttle, they're excellent for a performance improvement over stock too.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im looking for a down style pipe like the vance hines 2 in to one.
but would like one much quiter. My brother has a vh pro on his bike and yes it sounds very awsome but i really want a pipe that is much quiter.
the reasons i want a lower pipe are:
1. to lower the buddy pigs. he did it on his bike very wife friendly.
2. if i add bags for a road trip more room to drop them on.
God Bless bob
ps your pipe is very cool. the post just before this post.. very pimping.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts