RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just on 5 weeks ago I bought myself a xv1700 Road Star Warrior. It wasn’t planned however, I was sick of outing good hard pensioner money into my 1200 sporty. I looked at quite a few bikes, but none grabbed me. Then I decided to search down the Gold Coast. I see this white monster V Twin and I said I had to have it. Then I thought I should find out what it was lol. When I found out the first thing I did was Google it which took me to YouTube. By the time I watched everything I could find out I knew that she was meant for me. There are some extras in the bike. Hyper charger ( don’t know if it really works or not ) set it T-bar handlebars as well as Vance and Hines exhaust. How fast does it go you ask lol. Well I was riding with a 1700 Harley and when we got in the open road a nod started a race. At one stage I looked down and I was doing 195 and I said to myself “ your too old for speeds like that” Being 63 it was both scary and a blast. BTW I felt that the bike still had a bit under her skirt.

·
Administrator
28,419 Posts
Hello Bob, welcome aboard. I hope you will post a few pictures in your profile album. Yes, at 195kph you were about ~5kph from the regulated top speed (about 200kph or about 125mph), and you were for certain running wild with your hair on fire! Yes this bike has more room to run with ECU mods especially like the Ivan's flash (which also smooths out the vibrations in WOT. I see Dutch offered to meet-up (in your first thread) you'll be in good company. Have fun.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the brotherhood

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Awesome and Congratz and
Welcome from SoCal..Ride safe and post some pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum, yes the Warrior's are a blast to ride and, as we get older it seems the Warrior has more balls than we do.. Enjoy riding

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome, Stryder1956. I've owned my 2005 for seven years now and have been drag racing it for four. I too am 63 and I also occasionally get my Warrior up to double digits. Then I back off and say, "That's enough of that! Save it for the strip." The cost of one speeding ticket (10 MPH over) is the same cost as two days at the track, so I don't exceed the speed limit too often anymore.

Like you, after doing some research I decided the Warrior was the bike I wanted and I wasn't wrong. In fact, I'm saving up some money to possibly buy a second one (wife doesn't know my plans - IMO, it's not a "need to know" right now :D). I missed out on a GREAT deal for a turbo charged Warrior and I'm not about to let another deal like that slip by, should I ever get another chance.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. TONS of information here, and it's unlikely that you'll have a problem that hasn't been addressed here before. And even if you do (or can't find an answer) the members here are some of the best people for sharing information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts