RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When pressing the select button on my odometer an F appears . When pressing the button a 2nd time Trip 1 appear and then Trip 2 apperas with the 3rd press of the button. I do remember the trip 1 & 2 features but i don't recall ever seeing the F. Is that normal or some sort of Fault Code ?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i've never seen that, but if "F"is for fuel, have you un-done the drybreaks lately. i know, something you already know, but i have to ask.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that explains it.......

My low fuel light was on when I noticed the F.
I seldom hit my reserve level which explains why I never noticed it before,

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bump - just noticed this tonight; then I stopped at a light and it turned off. Also, while the "F" was visible, my low fuel light STOPPED blinking - normally it does the 8 blinks, pause, 8 blinks, etc.

I've gone through ALL the wiring connections, checked the wires, loom, etc. and the only thing left I can do is replace the pump assembly (going to do that anyway as gas leaks from the plug). It was nice not having that light blinking though... @arizonawarrior, any ideas?

Raz

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts
Have you done a search here for what it means when the light blinks 8 times then pauses and repeats?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you done a search here for what it means when the light blinks 8 times then pauses and repeats?

Yep, read many threads on it, including the one you reposted. Only thing I didn’t do was reseat the plug under the assembly (in the tank) as it is covered in some sort of sealant. I also checked wire continuity and they all tested good, but that doesn’t negate intermittent issues.

I just purchased another pump assembly so we’ll see if that helps as mine is still leaking gas.

Raz

·
Registered
82 Posts
Update: I let the gas run down until I got the low fuel notification (F on the display) but didn't get any flashing of the fuel light (but I knew it was low). Left this morning to go get gas and I still had the "F" but now the fuel light was on steady. After filling it up, the fuel indicator and light were still on so I pushed "Select" and that cleared it.

Now it seems to be operating as designed - no more flashing light! Maybe running it low reset it? Who knows, just glad it is working. Hopefully nothing changes when I replace the assembly!

Raz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts