RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last year I relocated my RF horn to the back side of the starter, so I needed to decide what to do with the rest of the right side brake area (since the brake switch & pedal return spring were now more exposed). Why Yamaha couldn't make that area more appealing to the eye is beyond me. If you have exhaust pipes that don't run the contour of the lower frame tube, this may not be the mod for you...I came up with this last year, but wanted to put some road time on it to see if it was a viable alternative.

Starting out...here's the brake tidy.The usual...removed the brake switch, reshaped & painted the brake pedal bracket, ground the return spring tab off the brake pedal lever & polished it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to my local Ace Hardware & picked up a compression spring & stop collar. The stop collar is just big enough to fit over the brake pushrod & is held in place by a set screw - I believe it's a 9/16" stop collar. The spring is the same diameter as the inside edge of the master cylinder face (there's just enough edge there to hold the spring in place, & centered). To prevent the spring from moving around, I placed a section of clear rubber tubing on the brake pushrod. To adjust the spring tension, I simply slid the stop collar rearward, comressed the spring a bit & tightened the set screw. A little trial & error to find the best tension took a couple of minutes, but the end result was nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Very nice work.
I copied your return spring mod on my latest warrior.
Not sure how I ever got credited for the clean up - I did MY version, but it's been around in various forms for quite some time.
Anyway - It's a continual process of evolution..................:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure how I ever got credited for the clean up...
I modeled it after your first design, and at that time, you were the only one that had a current thread for this mod. There were others before, but with the ever so shitty search function back then, they never showed up. I remember when I first posted this thread way back when, a member got all butt-hurt with us, because we were not the true pioneers of this mod, and he really wanted us to know that, lol. Like you stated, it's been an evolving mod over the years.

Hope everyone is happy I updated this thread. It's had no pictures for so long, and I was really unaware of photobucket's BS. Happy modding!!!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Ha ha... i remember yeah!
This is a satisfying and cheap mod. Tidying up the look, for what is essentially just time spent is great - and highly recommended!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts