RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go guys,I am getting the first tranny rebuild kit for the Warrior, I will let you all know how the experience was and what to expect. Thanks to the info I got on rswarrior.com I am first on the list. Kick ass!!
The mechanics at our shop are wizards I have fath that the bike will be perfect.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thats what I like to hear!! Of course it had to go to someone with only 3, I repeat, 3 posts!!! Just kidding, good luck, I hope everything goes well...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't spend that much time on the computer, I spend most of my time selling bikes and the rest of it riding the **** out of them....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My suggestion for all of you going through the recall is not to see your bike untill it is all done! There is nothing more disheartening than seeing your bike spred out in a million pieces over a work bench.
Although I have the utmost confidence in the mechanic that is doing the work seeing your bikes guts spilled out for the world to see is not for the weak of heart.
I never knew that I had such an emotional attachment to my ride.
Please send any get well cards to my email address. I'll keep you posted.
Sharky

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Penzoil Good luck Bro. I took a bunch of pictures of the bike with motor and tranny torn apart. I will save you guys the horror. I should be back up and running tomarrow (Tuesday) Ill let you know how it all turned out.
Bye the way Nice ride!!!!!!!!! Do you have a list of what you've done to your bike so far?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got my warrior back today! Just thought I would give my insights into the process. First of all if any of you are in the denver/bouder area I can highly recomend colorado powersports in boulder for the tranny fix or any other mods you may want. They went way beyond the call of duty.
I got my bike back today and it runs and shifts better than it did when I took it in. Not only did the mechanic Clean up all the mating surfaces but checked out the entire engine and tranny for any problems, he cleaned off all the carbon on the pistons cleaned up the heads and torked all the bolts back to factory specs. I feel confident in sending anyone to Co Pow in boulder. They even washed my bike and detailed the engine for me.I believe in taking care of the people that keep me on the road so I tipped the mechanic A hundred dollars.Small price to pay for the man who did such a professional job on my baby. hope you all have as good of an experience as I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined this formum, mostly in hopes of finding out more on this recall. My dealer says they are having trouble getting the parts to do the recall work. I have had my name on their list since the recall came out and I'm still S.O.L. (Jan 9th!) Getting annoyed! Anny suggestions on getting this done faster?????

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe, this seems to be a common problem. Try to hang in there bro and keep checking in with the service manager. Yamaha is producing the kits as fast as they can. You can also try to call Yamahas customer service department.
I got to go for a good long ride today and of course a harley pulls up next to me and wants to go for it. What a bummer, as my engine is new I could'nt run him, I can only suck it up for right now, I can hear this guy around the water cooler on Monday telling how he raced a Warrior and kicked his butt..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts