RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took a trip around Texas a couple days ago and I thought I'd share some pics with you guys. Enjoy.

Getting all my crap together.

My first stop in Hico, TX. Home of the best pie in the state.

Uhhhhhhh, no comment. 83 in a 70.

Visiting the motorcycle museum near Hill Country.

Some of the lovely bugs during day one of the ride.

This was home for the next 5 days. Different camp sites every night but they all looked the same after the first two.

I hung out and chatted with a local Border Patrol officer down at the Mexico border. That where he told me I could make 70-80k by joining. Hmmmmmmmm, maybe it's not THAT bad of a job!!!

The Pecos River out in far SW Texas. Nothing special, just pretty.

Judge Roy Bean's bar, The Jersy Lilly. Cool place.

Really, REALLY good mexican food down in Presido, TX. Made the whole trip worth it.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Getting into Big Bend.

Some Big Bend beauty. Every photo I took doesn't do it justice. It is so pretty down there.

A little offroading while at Big Bend. I need some knobby tires for this thing.

Riding along "River Road" right next to the Rio Grande. This was taken on a 15% grade in the road. I had trouble keeping my feet from sliding while I was walking.

Eating some fresh grown shrimp out in the middle of the TX desert. Hands down, the best shrimp I've ever eaten in my life. They are grown in natural saltwater tanks present in the TX desert.

Meeting up with Forrest (flb_78 on the forum) for a nice 40 degree ride on the last day of the trip.

So there you have it. It was five days of fun and riding. I think I covered around 2000-2250 miles so that's not too bad. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
look slike an awsome trip, one day maybe i will get down to that neck of the woods! so you get a Ticket? i would imagine so, if you got pulled over by DPS!!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Bill ,you are a true Roadstar Warrior! You have the packing down to an art [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Ive got to make a trip like that!

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Wow, those are great pics and an awesome trip. I wish I could do something like that one day. That's something you tell your grand kids about. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

The food, the food.....great pictures! Did you do this solo?

Yep, just me and the tent.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
OKAY now i am confused...

I want to eat something and i want to go ride the bike...

So many choices so little time

1 - 20 of 44 Posts