RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to fit the FPR under the tank, but due to having a Churchkey VBAK and coils relocated, there wasn't much space under there!

I made a bracket that placed the FPR between the frame rail and the rear air filter.

The bracket is bolted through the frame and access for the nuts isavailable though the hole on the lower part of the frame rail.

It has been well documented previously, that the FI hose must clear the throttle linkage.

This was achieved by setting the length of the hose so that there was downward pressure causing a bend that curved around the linkage.

I added the stock spring to the hose for added protection.

The finished FPR squeezed in there nicely!

Next job was the trim the engine mount.

I drilled and cut the bracket as below.

I finished the job by installing a colder dry break. (Supplied by Mudfreak).

The fuel hose runs behind the engine bracket, then the dry break is in line. The hose then runs back up to the frame and through the panel into the lower tank. I fitted a rubber "bumper" to the dry break - just in case it touched the valve cover - although the hose is quite sturdy and the dry break doesn't appear to move.
Running the line behind the mount makes everything look much better IMO.

UPDATE There has been much talk over the years about the route of the fuel line limiting the capacity of the tank when doing this mod.
I did not experience any difference - maybe because I was careful to ensure a good straight run, which also caused no damage to the hose.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Your engine mount and dry breakare almost identical to the way I did mine except my dry break is forward of the engine mount. I agree, nice and clean. I much prefer this tohaving the hose outside the mount

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Perfer my gas line on the outside of the bracket also. Plus some have had problems getting the last 1/2 gal of gas, out of the main tank, using a similar fuel line route.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
JJ...'He reallyIS the bracket man'...[my version from the Dune....lol] - that bend in the fpr bracket [how the ****!?].....sheesh
...lovely pictures!! [i have stolen them!]

i'm hoping your not 'dicing' with that last half gallon ...we need to stop every 100 miles as it is, onroute to germany!?..lol....so get testing 'before' you leave for the ACE!!

Now my question for real...have youtidied that side to place something their...[something 'fiesty' maybe...lol]...what was i told ...'just tinkering'

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dice said:
Perfer my gas line on the outside of the bracket also. Plus some have had problems getting the last 1/2 gal of gas, out of the main tank, using a similar fuel line route.
I gave that some serious thought... I know that it has been an issue in the past, but the hose is pretty low at the bracket point - so I'll just have to see how it goes.. . fingers crossed.

Definately can't afford to shorten the milage more than it already is eh?

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
Beautiful work. Does that beautiful FPR mount get in the way of some service area or is everything below it accessible without removing the bracket? Since your fuel line runs low below the frame rail the odds are your fuel delivery will still empty the tank. It appears you hit it at just the right spot, I'll keep an eye out for your comment once you've emptied a main tank or two!

That's a sweet looking clean-up Jarv!

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
jarv said:
I gave that some serious thought... I know that it has been an issue in the past, but the hose is pretty low at the bracket point - so I'll just have to see how it goes.. . fingers crossed.

Mine has been back there for years without any problems.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Excellent job there Jarv. That FPR bracket works a dream. I have the one you kindly made for me in a slightly different position to yours. You should start producing them for the members here. It makes the whole job for positioning a lot easier, and looks like a Yamaha part too.

Dice said:

I chose the outside of engine bracket for my latestmod,with the dry break as well Dice. Jarv's fuelline levelshouldn't be affected by the way he has done his. The original Yam set up for the rear hose goes just as high, as you can see from the pic.

Gav.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

OK Jack and Jarv no one told me about putting the line behind the mount,The air must be good up there in Ireland. Keep em coming guys,lol

I'm a fan........

OldMan said:
Your engine mount and dry breakare almost identical to the way I did mine except my dry break is forward of the engine mount. I agree, nice and clean. I much prefer this tohaving the hose outside the mount

·
Registered
104 Posts
I´m almost finished cleaning my left side. Now i have the problem where to put the FPR.
First question, the 3rd port on the FPR, is there no hose connected? Cause i can´t remember that i disconnected one. And if there is no hose, why not? What is that port doing?
Second question, i´m thinking of installing a new FPR with gauge. Do you guys have any experience with that? I already know that i need a pressure of 6bar/100psi.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I´m almost finished cleaning my left side. Now i have the problem where to put the FPR.
First question, the 3rd port on the FPR, is there no hose connected? Cause i can´t remember that i disconnected one. And if there is no hose, why not? What is that port doing?
Second question, i´m thinking of installing a new FPR with gauge. Do you guys have any experience with that? I already know that i need a pressure of 6bar/100psi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That extra little pipe is left blank. Not sure what is actually for.
I've never seen an FPR guage - but hey... I've never looked for one!

The problem with positioning the FPR is about good fuel hose routing.
In my case, there was so much junk under there... VBAK, coils ... frikkin LED's, etc that there was not a huge choice.
There's barely room for the engine now!
That place near the rear air filter was a perfect position for a good line to the lower tank.
From my point of view it all had to be hidden.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
The FPR uses atmospheric pressure as a reference. That is why the open tube is open.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Normally all FPRs have 3 tubes. In, out and depression. Cause most FPRs are depression controlled, but they also work without depression control. I have no idea why they work with and without. That´s just the way it is.
Since i don´t have a BAK, i don´t have room for the FPR under the tank. So i guess i will install this edjustable FPR.
Benzindruckregler einstellbar 0-7 bar schwarz regelbar bei eBay.de: Chiptuning Motortuning (endet 09.01.11 22:08:11 MEZ)
And yes, all has to be hidden. I already have a new quick connect for the fuel line, so i can hide the fuel line between frame and tank. The mounting bracket is also removed and will not be installed again.

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
If you do that, save your stock FPR. Adjustable units may not be a good match to this system, and may alter pressure differently than the ECU expects. Most of these are intended for race applications where there's not much elevation change. Here's one on the ebay usa site so its easier for us english-speaking nut-heads to read!

[old link deleted]

Normally all FPRs have 3 tubes. In, out and depression. Cause most FPRs are depression controlled, but they also work without depression control. I have no idea why they work with and without. That´s just the way it is. Since i don´t have a BAK, i don´t have room for the FPR under the tank. So i guess i will install this edjustable FPR. [old link deleted]. And yes, all has to be hidden. I already have a new quick connect for the fuel line, so i can hide the fuel line between frame and tank. The mounting bracket is also removed and will not be installed again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Autotune installed, i think that can compensate the elevation change when needed. But on the other hand, biggest change in my region is maybe 400m. I don´t think there is so much difference between 100m and 500m above sea level.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts