RS Warrior Forum banner

301 - 320 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
I had a chance to go and work on the bike a little more today.
First I made some tabs to mount the sheet metal panels.

Then I welded them in place.

Next step was to cut, fit, pound, and shape the sheet metal pieces, drill and tap the holes, and mount the first panel.
Here is how it turned out.

So far, so good!
Thoughts and comments welcome!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Thanks!
It's still a lot of work that's left, and I have a lot of stuff going on right now.
So it is exiting to see some progress, but frustrating because it's slow go!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
A little more progress to report.

I had a chance to cut my seat pan out of some leftover sheet metal on my bandsaw, bend it, and what's best of all, I was able to reuse my old seat lock from the stock seat.

First, I made a bracket to mount the stock locking mechanism and welded it into my tail section as far to the front as the cable would allow me to go.

Then I welded the stock locking bracket onto the bottom, and mounted the rubber stops to the back of my seat pan to hold it in place. It works really well!

All I had to do was reshaping the locking bracket by rounding the bottom front corner, and now it snaps in and locks the seat like it was meant to be.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sir, I am full of admiration of your skills, creativity & patience! :)

I can not wait to see the finished bike.

There are so many very skilled owners on this site, I am constantly astonished!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Saturday, after I finished a little shop cart, I had a little time and a small piece of aluminum sheet metal left, so I took both and made a little mock up side panel for a tank, just to see how it would work.
Here it is!

And a shot from the back side:

It took about 45 minutes to rough it out and plannish it a little to take the biggest bumps down.
I had a lot of fun using various mallets, hammers, and dollies to get it into shape from a flat piece.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Photobucket fail. :-( I never got to see the finished bike.

301 - 320 of 336 Posts