RS Warrior Forum banner

341 - 360 of 363 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
As I stated above, "You & your Son have true skills. That's a neat looking fabrication on the exhaust" and should keep the neighbors up ;)
Your custom designed, engineered and one-off Rearsets are a piece of Art … the bike suits you well Wolfraider. Thanks for sharing the build once again!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks awesome, thanks for sharing.
Please upload a sound file as it is up running !

Can we please see more pics from the seat/rear combination ?
I wouldn't "complain" about a female model covering the great craftsmen work, but with the boss on top ..... hm ....... kidding, wolfraider 😇 🤘
All my respect,
Thommy

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have always been in awe of people who take their desires by the proverbial horns and achieve amazing things thru
hard work and a willingness to learn from and overcome whatever obstacle(s) arise. You and Your son have taken this
to the next level. I hope I can speak for most of us on this forum; when I say this is one incredible build and you both are an inspiration to us who admire human ingenuity and the desire to create.

Your bike is truly a beast and we look forward to a full report on its shakedown run, once complete! We salute You
and your efforts Sir!!
Rg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Final touches on the exhaust system!
I got the exhaust springs in the mail yesterday, and we installed them today!

Top slip joint

Bottom slip joint

Because of the tight fit they were not needed, I just like the mechanical look of them!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks pretty awesome. Would love to heard it screaming down the road. Cool design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That my good man is the coolest exhaust I've ever seen on a warrior, if you and your son should ever desire to start building too sell to the less talented I'd be interested!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
We'd love to fabricate another one, but the cost is frightening because of the huge amount of labor that it takes to make it happen. I don't want to cause heart attacks, which most likely would be the case if I mention the cost!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
I've made a new front fender for my project bike yesterday.
After cutting the blank from a 16 ga sheet of 6061 aluminum on my plasma table, I pounded, annealed, pounded again, and wheeled it into submission. It took me a while, but I'm happy how this turned out. I also fabricated some stainless fender brackets for mounting. All that's missing are some bolts!

Cutting on my plasma table.

Ponding it on a bag to start shaping it.

Annealing it to make it more pliable.

After annealing it, I was wheeling it on my English wheel to get all the bumps out!

I cut some stainless bar stock, made some bends, and drilled them to work as fender brackets.

After cutting, drilling, and finishing the top bends.

This was a helpful experience to muster the courage for more sheet metal shaping in preparation for all the other parts I want to build to complete the bike!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
I got some stainless bolts for the fender, and before mounting it on the bike, I tried my buffer for the first time to get a finish on the fender. I was surprised how easy it was to polish aluminum with the help of some compound. It turned out better then I thought!

Thoughts and comments are welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
Those stainless fender brackets will polish up nicely too!
Me on a Vintage 500cc Vincent Comet Single Lunger with Aluminum Front & Rear Fenders ;)

341 - 360 of 363 Posts