RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yesterday I ordered the muffler portion for the new exhaust from Danmoto
Here are a couple pics:

They are very reasonably priced and the workmanship of the welds is phenomenal!

They should be here next week Friday.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I love your concept bike! (could brush up on your photo shop skills :D) And I know about your issues with the rear sets. I would like a set just for cruising in a more of a racer position but never put the idea to use on the Warrior. I did however build a set for my other bike which worked out great because the original shifting was the opposite, now it's like the more familiar 1 down 4 up.
I'm very interested in seeing what you are going to do to the gastank, hope you stick to your original idea and drawing.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I love your concept bike! (could brush up on your photo shop skills :D) And I know about your issues with the rear sets. I would like a set just for cruising in a more of a racer position but never put the idea to use on the Warrior. I did however build a set for my other bike which worked out great because the original shifting was the opposite, now it's like the more familiar 1 down 4 up.
I'm very interested in seeing what you are going to do to the gastank, hope you stick to your original idea and drawing.
Thank you for your comments!
I aim to build it as closely as possible to my rather crude concept image.
As a woodworker for the last 35 years I've never really worked and shaped metal, but I'm excited about the challenge and opportunity to learn and develop new skill sets. Building the seat and gas tank out of aluminum will surely stretch my abilities. So we'll see what happens. Wish me luck. I need all the help I can get! ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks good man, it´s always fun to se someone who dare to do something different with their warrior. You should post some pics on your raider too and let us all see what you have done to that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks good man, it´s always fun to se someone who dare to do something different with their warrior. You should post some pics on your raider too and let us all see what you have done to that.
Thanks for the comment!
Here is a link to the build thread on the RoadstarRaider forum:

Wolf's Wild Bobber Build!

Enjoy the pics! It's long and a fun read.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got the rear wheel back in the swing arm today. Its a roller again! :D

The newly powder coated rear caliper bracket turned out great too.
Glenn milled out the recessed area in the bracket. now you can see the disk through the bracket. I like that little detail a lot!

I hope to get the aluminum brackets water jetted Monday morning first thing as promised. Then we can get started to mount the rear sets. That'll be a big step!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
that seat location and clip on bars will definately be laying you down on the bike , not cafe style more like top fuel style. unless yourr 6 foot 6 or better. btk572
I don't think it will be too bad. His bars look a bit higher up than a set of clamp-ons. Defininetly not very comfortable, but tank/chest clearance could possibly be an issue. This is anzwrr's bike.

What do you have in mind for a tank?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Something along these lines for the tank and the seat/tail section.

I've never build anything like that from scratch before.
This is were the project will become a real challenge and stretch my abilities and patience to the limit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Coolest raider I have ever seen :D Great job, that makes me ever more curious too se how your warrior will turn out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Today I was able to pick up the aluminum parts that have been water jetted.

There was a little bit of work needed before we were able to bolt them to the bike.
First the edges had to be sanded to remove the marks left by the water jet.

A lot of elbow grease and 120 grid did the job. :)

Then the mounting holes for the rear sets had to be tapped.

Here is the brake side.
I found out that the piece I drew up to mount the rear brake cylinder doesn't work.
I need to get a new one. So the pics show the bracket that came with the set. Only one bolt fits there. So I can't use that one either.

But the main brackets fit nicely!

Here is the shift side:

I have to make a couple changes on that side also to make it work.
It's a good starting point at least! :)

Thoughts and comments as always welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
2 things:

I love the detailed pictures... thank you

Im impressed. eager to see what you end up with.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Congrats on your fine work! This bike will turn heads a lot, when finished!
It took 2 years to finish mines, due to finances. I wish you the best in quickly completing your project!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Having had a chance to sit on my bike, I came to realize that my pegs are about 4-5 inches too far back.
So I had to go back to the drawing board (CAD) and rework a lot to make the aluminum brackets, that I had already cut, work.

I'm only able to use the pegs, foot levers and a few other pieces, from the R1 rear sets that I had ordered. Most of the parts to make it work have to be fabricated.

Here are my CAD drawings showing the components.

Shift Setup:

Brake Setup:

Back to talking to the guy with the water jet to get a couple more pieces cut.
Wish me luck!

21 - 40 of 375 Posts