RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thank you! I got lucky and got my additional parts water jetted and sanded today.
Tomorrow is assembly time and pictures will follow.
My muffler from Danmoto came in as did the stock exhaust headers from Larry aka yamyam85. This will allow me to start laying out the exhaust.
Got rid of my lolly pops in the front and getting ready to put a bracket together for the much smaller new turn signals.

Little progress is made, day by day! ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Here is what happened today!

We took off tach, speedometer, front signal, and headlight. Man is this bucket full off wiring or what?!?!?!

The front of the bike looks a lot skinnier without the turn signals.

Here is the back side.

We got the brake side installed after Glenn fabricated some needed spacers for the master cylinder on his lathe.

He had a brake line for a R1 laying around which had the perfect length. So we put that on.

My new brake fluid reservoir!
A clear fuel line. Simple and clean!

Glenn, bleeding the line.

Filled, capped, and marked!

It's just tucked behind the frame rail and between the frame and the electrical box. Just love it!

Here is the other side, the shift rear set.
All that's missing on this side is a long enough sift rod and a spacer to connect it up front. Next week. Got to get some 3/8" aluminum rod first.

Found two 2x4's to simulate the approximate seat height and to test the whole darn set up. :D

Yes, it is as uncomfortable as it looks, but good enough for 5 minutes to sit on and try it out.

Glad to report that I didn't pull an oily splinter. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Glenn was able to fabricate the shift linkage and spacer to get everything done on the left side.

Here is what it looks with everything in place:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I got some aluminum extrusion today to fab a mounting bracket for the muffler.

Here are some pics:

Not knowing how loud it's gonna be, I ordered a baffle for the muffler.
Here it is, with a better view of the mounting bracket.

Can't wait to put it on the bike.

Thoughts and comments as always welcome!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I was able to install the muffler today.
Little progress is better then no progress at all.

Here are some pics:

After I had the muffler in place, I was able to meet with Britt, who is specializing in the fabrication of exhausts for small airplanes. Stainless steel tube bending and TIG welding is his daily bread. I'm excited to see the exhaust coming together. He is starting to get parts and pieces ready next Monday.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Something along these lines for the tank and the seat/tail section.

I've never build anything like that from scratch before.
This is were the project will become a real challenge and stretch my abilities and patience to the limit.
I love both of these and it would look so cool on a Warrior! It may be a difficult stretch with the 2nd gastank and all of the stuff under the stock tank now though.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Having had a chance to sit on my bike, I came to realize that my pegs are about 4-5 inches too far back.
So I had to go back to the drawing board (CAD) and rework a lot to make the aluminum brackets, that I had already cut, work.

I'm only able to use the pegs, foot levers and a few other pieces, from the R1 rear sets that I had ordered. Most of the parts to make it work have to be fabricated.

Here are my CAD drawings showing the components.

Shift Setup:

Brake Setup:

Back to talking to the guy with the water jet to get a couple more pieces cut.
Wish me luck!
Nice, makes my Harley look like a blind man made them, Haha

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It was a good day today.
I got the parts for my tail/seat section CNC-routed out of MDF first thing in the morning. After assembling the parts I found some cardboard to apply over the rips to give me a better sense of shape.
The integrated tail light and license plate fit nicely into the whole assembly and I was able to put the tail/seat section on the bike.
I built it a little taller to ensure to be able to make necessary adjustment if needed.
After mounting it to the frame and sitting on it, I cut it 2" down in height, which allowed for a more comfortable seating position. At the same time I'm now able to put my feet down completely to the ground and don't have to tiptoe the whole bike while standing on an intersection. Nice!!!

Here are the pics, and there are a lot of them, so bare with me! :D

Various views:

This tail light is a perfect fit!

Some closeups:

Here are some pics with me on the bike.
This feels a whole lot better then the 2x4's I had for trials in the past! :D

Now I'll be able to figure out the parts needed for the aluminum sub frame for water jetting and welding.

Thoughts and comments as always welcome. ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I really like how it looks from the back... And I think the side view will grow on me, once it's "done". Very cool.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
couple possible problems i see, not being critical but its going to shift backwards in the pattern, and that can is going to live a very short life if you really ride the bike and enjoy the twisties even a little . i could be wrong but that old school cafe style tank aint going to be real comfortable on the old bread basket, looks like your having fun so what the heck right, btk572

·
Registered
576 Posts
Gotta admit, wasn't my cup-o-tea when I first saw the thread, but the cleanliness and fabrication got me hooked. Can't wait to hear that exhaust! Nice work here guys-real talent for sure.

41 - 60 of 375 Posts