RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding my beast yesterday night home and this 2016 lexus LS460 Fsport (386hp V8 4.6L) (Lexus LS 460, Lexus LS F SPORT, LS Hybrid, Hybrid | 2016 | Technical Specs | Lexus) drives right next to me, checking my bike out until we pulled up to the next light.

It was a 3 lane road and 2 lanes were taken by other drivers.
So I pull up behind him. He starts revving his engine and I was like OK. Lets see if he can keep up. Light turns green... he hits it hard, I hit it hard....

Once i got into 3rd gear I pull onto his right side and take off, 4th gear in, 1 car length in front of him, once I put it into 5th gear I took off and he couldnt keep up.

I waited at the next light and he pulls up, gives me a thumbs up and i turned into my neighborhood. Warriors FTW.

(my bike is not stock tho, PCV, 2-1 Monster Pro Pipe, Patrick Racing VBAK, Dyno Tuned, Avon Ultra Sport Tires ect...)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
i love these snippets of cager defeats....

i'll tell you about my encounter with a mclaren open top ....

nothing to do with top speed or 0 - 100 stuff this was a straight grunt challenge ...can i fill that 30 foot gap in front of you to the next car first... from 85 mph rolling start together i'm middle lane he is outside lane [perfect gearing for me at 3.5 k] ...... it turns out i can 3 out of 3 ... the last 2 where the driver not accepting being fully ready [smirk]

tis all good fun ... i do feel like i'm king of the castle out to play when i'm riding

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love these snippets of cager defeats....

i'll tell you about my encounter with a mclaren open top ....

nothing to do with top speed or 0 - 100 stuff this was a straight grunt challenge ...can i fill that 30 foot gap in front of you to the next car first... from 85 mph rolling start together i'm middle lane he is outside lane [perfect gearing for me at 3.5 k] ...... it turns out i can 3 out of 3 ... the last 2 where the driver not accepting being fully ready [smirk]

tis all good fun ... i do feel like i'm king of the castle out to play when i'm riding

Love that story! I always HOPE that some Harley douchebags pull up next to me so I can eat them alive....

So you saying that 3.5krpm is the perfect shift time? I'm still trying to figure out what the "perfect shift time" is in every gear and how to launch perfectly from start... I am afraid that if I dump the clutch at 3k RPM that my front wheel lifts up lol...

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
My perfect shift time is at 5k. Vroooom! Woooosh!! Vroooom! Woooosh! Vroooom! Woooosh! Vroooooooooommmm!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Congratz on beating the lexus. My harley friends have beefed their bikes up and wont race me off the line, but from a roll they have enough power to walk away. Still considering 30tooth pulley,

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shift by feeling. However sometimes I feel like I'm staying in 1st and 2nd gear for too long.

The only Harley that I respect in terms of beating me is a vrod or some softail screaming eagle 110cu and a Suzuki m109r....

Will a HD breakout beat a warrior with vbak and 2-1 Pipes dynoed?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Love that story! I always HOPE that some Harley douchebags pull up next to me so I can eat them alive....

So you saying that 3.5krpm is the perfect shift time? I'm still trying to figure out what the "perfect shift time" is in every gear and how to launch perfectly from start... I am afraid that if I dump the clutch at 3k RPM that my front wheel lifts up lol...

yup warrior engine torque stats ...all our torque is on board by 3.5 rpm ...oh yes...after hat its show boating for noise ...might as well change up ...hence us all wanting the magical 6th gear :D

when we go to euro german roads ...two of us will peel of the front and blue line it in top ...jarv could lead out from there when the rev limiter kicked in on mine... when he had chain drive ...just enough to show lol

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Nice kill but my brother who has the IS-F will start to walk me by 70. We also have a friend who has the 109R and he has shown me his lights a few times. Other than that I am still not the smallest fish in this pond yet.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The IS-F is way lighter than the LS-F so of course it will be tough. I don't need to be the fastest, there will always be somebody that is faster and has a more tuned bike. However, I love that feeling of seeing most faces shocked that this "unknown" Japanese bike killed their $20k-$30k HD lol (not all of them but most of them)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My buddy has a 96 sportster 1200 with screaming eagles and intake. My warrior just has road burner 2into 2 and I walk away every time, but the sporty holds better than I would have expected, now an extensively modded sporty would be a fun race ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The guy that dyno tuned my Warrior is a wizard with tuning HD's. He rides a Sportster 1200 that is not a 1200 and nothing stock but the cases. I am told that it runs low 11's. I have a few very wicked HD's in my local area, including one that runs 10's on motor and 9's on the bottle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice race! I have a stock Lexus is350. And an '07 Warrior with pipes. I seriously could not tell which one is quicker. So I took both out the drag strip one week apart. Lexus ran [email protected] Warrior ran [email protected] I can post breakdown of slip if anyone is interested. Surprisingly lost to an '05 harley sportster 1200. He ran [email protected] ran him 3times and always had him to 1000'ft.

This is actually my first post, and here to gain knowledge on how to get my bike into the 12's?
P.s . I'm in Utah. Our track is 4467'ft altitude. And most days corrected altitude in in the 6000-7500'ft range? so time may seem about a second slower

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
This is actually my first post, and here to gain knowledge on how to get my bike into the 12's?
P.s . I'm in Utah. Our track is 4467'ft altitude. And most days corrected altitude in in the 6000-7500'ft range? so time may seem about a second slower
Welcome to the warrior family and the best warrior 4m.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratz on beating the lexus. My harley friends have beefed their bikes up and wont race me off the line, but from a roll they have enough power to walk away. Still considering 30tooth pulley,
That is one of the main things I have left to do myself....been debating it for a good year now...can't seem to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dustin' Cage'rs I One Thing,
But Dustin Harley's Really Leaves a Sweeeeeet Taste In The Mouth & The Look You Get ( That Is If They'll Look @ You ) They Usually Take The Next Left. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts