RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I am done for the winter. I don't have a garage, and the bike is to big and cumbersome to get on my porch and into my living room, so this is what I am doing to keep the elements off of her. The product is Cycle Shelter. It was pricey, around $375 w/ lock and shipping, but it was the best option I could come up with.

I got it put up just in time, too. The assembly was a PITA, but I'll only have to do it twice a year. I could leave it up all year, if I want. Once assembled it opens and closes like a clam shell. The bike is fully enclosed with velcro to secure the bottom piece to the rest of the cover to keep the elements out. It is completely water proof. It is a one size fits all and there is plenty of room inside, and then some, for the warrior. It hasthree vents, two on the sides, and one in the front. At no time is the cover touching the bike, except the flooring, of course. Anchoring hardware is included. Dimensions are 10.5 feet long x 46 inches wide x 70 inches to the top of the dome. Unassembled it fits into it's own duffle bag, weighing around42 pounds. After I ordered it, it took about 14 days to get to me. If I remember, I'll do a product review at the end of winter to tell you what my impressions are.

Here is the link to the site.

http://www.cycleshelter.com/index.php

sk

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Thats pretty cool. I would put a heater on the engine or atleast a light. Check your brakes real good before you ride it the first time too.. How much is a heated storage unit big enough for a bike?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I thought about getting that too, but $375 . It doesn't get that cold or wet here so.....

That's what I would buy though if I really needed it, cool design.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, it was pretty expensive. I liked the Cycleshell brand a bit more, but this one was more feasible. The storage units I priced out were pretty pricey so I decided to invest in something that I could keep and use over and over again. I don't think I'll heat it, but I will remove the battery. I've stabilized the fuel. Why check the brakes before the first ride? Will the cyclinders leak brake fluid or something? I stored it last year without any cover, so this is loads better than that. I hate that I have rust covered bolts on my exhaust now from last years season storage. Ya do what ya gotta do.

sk

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Nice idea.I like it. Hope it works god for you. Mine are sittin in trailers. Kawi is in my trailer and the warrior is in my freinds on a lift torn apart awaiting new rear wheel.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
ohiomike said:
Thats pretty cool. I would put a heater on the engine or atleast a light. Check your brakes real good before you ride it the first time too.. How much is a heated storage unit big enough for a bike?

The dealership here has heated storage for bikes (just big enough) for $20 a month. You couldn't check the oil inside if you had to. They don't want people hanging out working on their bike there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cycle Shelter review

Did you ever do a review on the cycle shelter, I'm about to order one and would like to know how yours managed after a couple seasons outdoors. Also was the floor fabric or hard?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts