RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Good on her......I am sure she will like this better than the 650. My wife has toyed with the idea of riding and one day she just might. I won't push her though, riding is something you do because you want to, not because I want her to.

Be careful and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took my wife about 10 years to decide to get her license, She loves her bike,,but a while back I let her ride the Warrior,,she loved it,she wants to even race a bit,we'll see,LOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My wife is on a V-Star 650 as well but needs something a little bigger like that. She's not really riding as much now though as she was when the weather was better but I bet she would if she had a nice new toy like that. I hope she enjoys it, safe riding to you both.

·
Registered
926 Posts
A wife that rides.. thats gotta be so cool. I met a lady in town that had the same bike (white even). Hope you two have fun.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
My wife also rides a VStar 650 Custom. Stiletto seat and running boards make it a perfect woman's ride. Seat height is 24 inches and inspires a lof of confidence. She has never wanted to ride the warrior (even in the driveway) and I have not encouraged her either.
She said that she wanted her own bike and wanted the VStar when I got another bike (perk of working for Yamaha MFG and 35% off msrp). Only issue is that her bike now has a carb/jet issue and the rear cylinder will not run correctly and stalls. Wives or GF who ride by themselves are a lot of fun and also a lot of worries. Seems that I have to keep checking the mirrors to make sure that I haven't run off and left her on the warrior (like we would do that to anyone). 1100 is a nice machine and is what I was looking at before I got the warrior. Better handling bike than the Road* 1600 that I have ridden. Can't say anything about the 1700's as I have not taken one of them for a long demo ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I picked up my RSWin September, my wife took one look at the passenger accommodations and decided that she wants a bike of her own. We're waiting to look at the new RS 950 duein the shops this month. It resembles the Warrior inmany respects - belt drive, fuel injected and the overall engine look, but with a lower sear height and narrower profile.Snow and cold weather are coming tonight and the rest of the week, and at 9,000ft, it will probably be here until next April, so the purchase will wait until then. I regretfully took my last ride of the season todaybut it was a great way to end it, a little of everything including several laps aroundLake Dillon,a high speedI-70 stint & some stoplight runs.

So the bike gets covered & parked in the garage, behind the snowblower. I've got a few more chromeparts to install over the winter (rear disc cover plate & fork tube covers & maybe some air intake stuff), but for now I need to convert the workbenchfor ski & snowboardmaintenance.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ruckus said:
How did all of you guys talk your wifes into riding? I would LOVE my wife to ride! How fun would that be!

I don't think I really talked her into it so much as just offered it up as an idea of something we could do together. For me since I was just starting I didn't really view 2 up as an option but I outgrew the V-Star in no time (couple ofmonths)so phase 2 was to get my next bike and get her riding which she was pretty gung-ho for on her own already.

As far as it being really fun.... as Allsmiles mentioned it has it's ups and downs. When we ride together I'm ussually MUCH more aggresive of a rider and always trying to go MUCH faster then her so it gets to a point sometimes where I'm spending so much time checking my mirrors and worrying about her that it becomes unsafe even. It's fun to have that hobby in common but I ussually have a more relaxing and fun ride when I'm on my own then with her unfortunately. We've never done any longer rides or destination type trips together though but I think that might be cool.

Like Scott said, your wife has to want to ride for her own enjoyment, not for yours. Everyone has different preferances and just likehis wife I imagine if you ride long enough and she knows you wouldn't mind her riding with you she'll probably eventually want to try it also I would think.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marco Polo said:
Ruckus said:
How did all of you guys talk your wifes into riding? I would LOVE my wife to ride! How fun would that be!

I don't think I really talked her into it so much as just offered it up as an idea of something we could do together. For me since I was just starting I didn't really view 2 up as an option but I outgrew the V-Star in no time (couple ofmonths)so phase 2 was to get my next bike and get her riding which she was pretty gung-ho for on her own already.

As far as it being really fun.... as Allsmiles mentioned it has it's ups and downs. When we ride together I'm ussually MUCH more aggresive of a rider and always trying to go MUCH faster then her so it gets to a point sometimes where I'm spending so much time checking my mirrors and worrying about her that it becomes unsafe even. It's fun to have that hobby in common but I ussually have a more relaxing and fun ride when I'm on my own then with her unfortunately. We've never done any longer rides or destination type trips together though but I think that might be cool.

Like Scott said, your wife has to want to ride for her own enjoyment, not for yours. Everyone has different preferances and just likehis wife I imagine if you ride long enough and she knows you wouldn't mind her riding with you she'll probably eventually want to try it also I would think.
So true man. I worry, that would be one ****** up thing to see your wife get hit be a semi,,.Just make sure she has the skills to help her be safe..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts