RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the bikes still down so I decided to drive the car to a bike night so she could see just what goes on.. She thought cool Harleys..lol.. ( her dad and brother have them) She was raised on the Back of a harley and in a Resturant/Bar which is exactly why she's a Doc now. I met another warrior rider and started talking about all the recalls. The wife says yes this dealer almost killed my husband and goes on about what hapened,, I take a look at his cps wire and sure enough it was spliced in too.. 30 minutes later The guy was really red and said he was going to his dealer tommorow to bust some a$$.. This guy was HUGE!!! I mean 450lbs 6'4 huge!! Not the same dealer but the next closest to my house.. He's not a member but will be soon.. Really nice but turn red real Quick.. Look out Clinton county Motorsports!!!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
If it happened once, I guarantee it happened a hundred times, No way you had the only dealer that would think of that, but what are the odds that you would find another one......Good job getting the word out...here and there.

Mine still has not been done but I'll be mentioning it when I drop my bike off that a guy I know dropped his bike because they did that. I'll still be nervous about them touching it.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Holy crap!!! That just completely sucks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Kinda new here, and don't even have a Warrior...YET, could you please point me to where I can find out more about what it is your talking about?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
yeah i would have to agree that if it has happened to mike and now somebody else their is no telling how many bikes are on the road like this. this could turn into a real big mess for yamaha

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just called CCM the dealer that did his to warn them about this type of work and wow did I get an ear full we don't do that and I am wrong crap.. My last words were dude I am just trying to saves someones life and give you a heads up thats it.. Didn't even say thankyou just said ok and hung up the phone.. What a d1c...

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm telling you Mike. You should contact Yamaha about it. For every 1 that we hear off, there's probably 100's that go unnoticed. You might just save some lives by bringing it to Yamaha's attention!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
I'm going to bet mine is screwed up also. After the dealing I had too. It's something in the Water here in Ohio. I thought I had finally found a great dealer but nope. Got hosed this time around too.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I demanded to Yamaha to send out a letter to all dealers and sent PICS and a copy of my thread.. No responce as of yet?? Iam going to have to send a certified return reciept letter I guess..

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my CPS recall done a few weeks ago by Breyley Yamaha in North Olmstead Ohio. They did a great job. My brother & member RAYM (02 warrior)and I got the first two replacement parts they reveived. They worked with us on scheduling the bikes in as soon as the parts arrived, and the bikes came back in good order as promised. This is a small one brand dealer - faimly owned and they will now get all of my service work. It was also nice to get the bike back without finger prints and scuffs all over the thing. Rousch in Medina wanted to see in person the bikes to verify the VINS before they would even schedule. Getting the information over the phone was not an option. Their service department was largely clueless about the whole recall. If your in the Cleveland area, Call Breyley Yamaha at (440) 237 4543.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ok, I've been over both of these threads. I still can not see where anyone has contacte Yamaha Corporate or the State Attorney General's Office.

Folks, this comes down to a liability issue that can cause a HUGE class action suit against Yamaha. This type of issue needs to be resolved by the most forceful means possible BEFORE someone gets seriously hurt.

Two dealiships in the same general locale might seem to be a coincidince, but it most likely is not. I'd bet dollars to donuts that this has happened at other places around the country.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
You know what the splice looked like, because it would not matter much if the splice used isulated bullet or spade connectors of the weather reistant kind, and they tinned the wire and all...or a soldered connection with heat shrink. That would not be much worse than an unmolested condutor.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't remove his electrical tape to look but if you look at the kit the wires are wraped in a plastic cover that surrounds both wires for protection.. Why would there be tape there unless the wires integrity had been cut. Tape is NOT a fix especially in an area that gets alot of rain/ wind and is low on the bike. Also its someones life.. Do it right and don't skip all 13 steps..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts