RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys ya'll are killing me here . we must,we must,we must improve our bikes! so many mods.were to start? i think i will start a list so i don't get off track here , lets see here i just wonder if i cut the grass ,that should be worth o two modifications . ok lets stay on track here .
can some one tell me what that silver arm on the back right is all about,the brake resavoier can't need that much to hold it up?
i guess the next thing i would like is some highway pegs, does anyone have any ?
and last for now i guess is to lower the rear end,

pauljones

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The "Y" is the top hanger for the stock muffler & the rear master cylinder. Seems like its removed with a change of pipes & a different mount for the master is installed. I drilled some holes in mine then polished it & use it as a muffler hanger for my slipon. I think it fills in the hugh void between the swing arm & the fender.

Any lowering will decrease the lean angle while turning.

Lowering the rear only will make the front end steer heavier in a corner & increase front end push (understeer). Some refer to it as "the bike wants to stand up in a turn". When this happens use the rear brake to haul the front end around (tighten the turn radius).

Lowering the front only will lighten up the steering effort, make the bike more flickable & tighten up the turning radius.

Mod lust is automatically acquired after the first Warrior ride. If your not riding it your looking at it or doing the touchie feelie thing on it or just thinking about it. Kinda like getting a whif of your new sweeties perfume that has been left on your pillow, ya just gotta have more.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
You know it's strange how we end up with the desire to change a perfectly good motorcycle in to something else. Was there something wrong with this bike in the first place or do we all see it as a canvas to add our brush strokes to.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
JP, I have been wondering about this ... I have concluded that its a disease !! I have done this will all my vehicles. But this one is the worst !!! there is no end in sight...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
definatly a disease, step one, we have admited that we are powerless over our warriors, and that our mods have become unmanageable, if only i could win the lotto, then my mods would be manageable.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The opportunity to do the mods is one of the major reasons I bought the bike. I love being able to tinker and personalize.
Just got the T-shirt of a guy sitting on a lawn chair facing his garage, four bikes parked inside. Logo "She can have the rest of the house".
That pretty much says it.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Well, I guess I just have to come to termswith the fact that I cam a juncky and instead of trying to find a cure, I can just keep satisfying my urge !!! I think this is called rationalizing /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
na, bis, in the dependency world it is called justifying. there is no rationalizing to us drug crazed warrior types. all rational thought went out the door from the very first ride.

·
Registered
506 Posts
OK here it is....I am PERFECTLY NORMAL. I maybe the only normal one here. I trailered my bike home from the dealer. Only .7 miles on it. Then tore it apart before I even road it. What were you guys thinking of ? Riding the bike before the mods were done ?[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Pro,

I am in your shoes, I bought the bought and had it drop shipped to the race shop, where it was undergoing experiments (The right word) and was there for two months !!! then after two weeks went back in for another 6 weeks !!! now it will go back in next week for probably two more weeks !!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I am sitting here looking inocent as I order a Brake res cover and Barrons forward peg brackets as my whif asks what I am doing.

UH nothing just on the Warrior site. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess an artist work is never done. the new windshield was due in friday and the saddlebags supports come in tue. wonder what kind of bags to get? boy this is tough work,i better find me a parts mag. and lay down. O by the way i took some pics. today so keep an eye out.
pauljones

1 - 13 of 13 Posts