RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out! Yeah, its primarily the HD folks, but I just about soiled my jeans when I heard. I hope those uptight a$$holes in MB choke on this.

http://www.chdda.com/events/beachrally.html

Eastern NC riders....come on down! And that's the weekend on the greatest airshow on the East Coast at MCAS Cherry Pt.!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
seems like with all the city cut backs and whatnot going on this would be the last thing they would want cause i know for a fact that bikers like to spend money

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
myrtle beach bike week sucked anyway. unless you wanted to look at a bunch of shat that was for a harley or fell off one! No ridding unless you like tons of traffic.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
On a related note, I saw that Honda cancelled the Honda Hoot at Deals Gap for this year....That seemed like cheap PR.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mustfire said:
Check this out! Yeah, its primarily the HD folks, but I just about soiled my jeans when I heard. I hope those uptight a$$holes in MB choke on this.

Eastern NC riders....come on down! And that's the weekend on the greatest airshow on the East Coast at MCAS Cherry Pt.!

Good, I hope those greedy Fvcks inSouth Carolinaget what the deserve!

·
Registered
228 Posts
StangWarrior said:
Mustfire said:

Good, I hope those greedy Fvcks in Florida get what the deserve!

You meant South Carolina right?

·
Registered
178 Posts
speedyfreek said:
StangWarrior said:
Mustfire said:

Good, I hope those greedy Fvcks in South Carolinaget what the deserve!

You meant South Carolina right?

Doh! Yeah that's what I meant, thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ment to say "Ya'll come" and see how the folks "down east" do it. Lots of great roads and beaches. Including the 12 miles of uninhabited and unspoiled beach between Ocracoke Island and the Oregon Inlet Ferry. Its a federal park so there is no prohibition against nude bathing if you are so inclined! Search for "Crystal Coast" , "Ocracoke", "Kitty Hawk", and "The Outer Banks" & "The Inner Banks", too!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Never had a good time at a Rally. I like to ride and most times they don't anything to do with riding.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Well I just ot off the official MB bike week web site and they are holding their Rally as Usual The City limits of Myrtle Beach has enacted lots of rules and LAWS to Fack with bikers IE All MUST WEAR A HELMET in MB Town limits
and others Noise laws etc,. But the MB rally will still drawThousands and The Newbern Rally won't But I don't care I won't be at either! YEA ME! Wanna a KOOL time with Warrior Riders past and present COME TO WARRIORFEST ! NOW THATS A GREAT TIME and you can actually ride your bike !

·
Registered
510 Posts
Stang you can suck it. Not all of us are greedy "fvcks". Anyway, the whole reason they started regulating and "fvcking" with bikers was because(and I dont personally mean anything racial by this) of "black bike week". Those ******* on their crotch rockets come in and completely mess everything up for everyone else so local businesses in MB started closing for black bike week because of the problems that those particular people may or may not cause. Then those particular people (who may or may not tend to *** about everything) complained and thus MB had to make laws for both bike weeks. THUS... the funs-******-for-everyone. Greed had nothing to do with it. good day

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree that a few bad apples may have spoiled the bunch. But, maybe just locking up those few (and confiscating their bikes) would have been sufficent. I went last spring for the first time and for the most part, people behaved. However, it only takes a few with wide open exhausts rasing **** at 2am and terrorizing the other people on vacation make everyone look bad. I never did find many people wanting to do much more than hang around a parking lot and drink till they fell down. One thing that would have been fun would been some kind of organized event to test riding skills, maybe something like a 125cc motorcross. You just can't do that drunk!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
PS- as a side note.. the recently enacted ORDINANCES by the City of MB can be found here.. http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/newordinances.html A Condensed version can be found here.. http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/newlaws.html

In a nutshell? It's a kneejerk reaction to try and rid the problem of black Bike Weekend.. which is just a total effin joke.

MB business will suffer greatly due to the negative message these new 'ordinances' are making. From the must wear helmet in MB City limits to the downright ridiculous No more than 2 bikes per parking space...

At
the end of the day.. no one has the balls to say it's primarily the
blacks that come down and terrorize the area over Memorial Day Weekend
but that's just the simple fact. The spring rally pumped MILLIONS of
dollars into our coffers and the city wants to shun those dollars
during THIS economic downturn? WTF? I'm pissed off... but I've
been dealing with it for nearly a year now and it doesn't get me as
riled up as it did before.. MB has what's coming to them to say the
least..I'm hoping that those who are passionate about this form or basic descrimination (don't see any controls over July 4th revelery or Sun Fun week or Labor Day weekend or Beach Week (high school gradutates) will sell any property they own INSIDE the city limits of MB and either purchase in the county or possibly out of the area.. And if nothing else.. for God's sake.. STAY OUTSIDE the city limits of MB.. just to help give them what they want... peace and quiet and an excellent exucse to raise taxes on their citizens next year...

Also, as for the news that the HDA is organizing in New
Bern.. don't get your pants in a wad just yet.. They had nothing to do
with the rally here for over two years with no ill effects on turnout..
It's not even known as the HD Association Rally.. it's the MB Spring
Rally.. has been for YEARS now...Those faithful will still be here this
spring.. and I hope they ride anywhere BUT thru, in and around MB
proper. I hope they get gas, eat, shop, and spend their money outside
of the MB city limits.. I'll stop now... I'm getting aggravated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Arcinfidel said:
Stang you can suck it. Not all of us are greedy "fvcks". Anyway, the whole reason they started regulating and "fvcking" with bikers was because(and I dont personally mean anything racial by this) of "black bike week". Those ******* on their crotch rockets come in and completely mess everything up for everyone else so local businesses in MB started closing for black bike week because of the problems that those particular people may or may not cause. Then those particular people (who may or may not tend to *** about everything) complained and thus MB had to make laws for both bike weeks. THUS... the funs-******-for-everyone. Greed had nothing to do with it. good day

Judging by your hot-headed little response you must be one of the committee membersthat implemented the changes. I said nothing about the people of South Carolina in general. Whenever one of these rallies gets cancelled you can bet it comes down to money, usually what the local PD gets. Enjoy your lonely little beach, and I hope your retailers appreciate what you've done for them. As for me sucking it, you must be talking about ********** ******** ******** *******....no thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Seems pretty clear on the City's intent.

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — A motorcycle rally that has become controversial on South Carolina's Grand Strand is moving to North Carolina in large part due to the restrictive ordinances imposed on bikers to discourage the event from taking place, organizers said Monday.

The Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association will hold its spring rally May 15-16 in New Bern, N.C., the group said in a release.

"This new venue will allow us to get back to basics and offer our existing and new customers a rally experience they will appreciate without restrictions and with the ability to enjoy the freedom of riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle," association president Mark Cox said.

Myrtle Beach officials have passed ordinances to restrict the rallies, sparking at least three lawsuits. The city acted after a Coastal Carolina University student was shot and killed last year during one of the rallies in a dispute over a parking space.

The city issued more than 50 tickets to bikers who rumbled through town last week in protest of the city's new helmet law. South Carolina has no statewide helmet law, but the new Myrtle Beach city laws require everyone riding a motorcycle in the city to use a helmet and eye protection.

City spokesman Mark Kruea said the decision by the association to move the rally is welcomed.

"The issue for the city has been that we've had two or three ... back to back motorcycle events that occupied 20 straight days and that's too much. So, we're not going to be in the rally business in May," Kruea said.

The city and Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce launched a Web site earlier this year stating that, as far as the City of Myrtle Beach is concerned, the biker rallies which attracted an estimated half million people to the area each spring were over.

News sources reported in January that the city never officially hosted the Harley-Davidson and Atlantic Beach Bikefest, but the bikers would cruise through the city and local residents often complained about noise and congestion.

"Please know that Myrtle Beach is not anti-biker or anti-motorcycle," Mayor John Rhodes said in a letter posted on the site. "We are ending the motorcycle-related rallies because they grew too big and lasted too long. The huge rallies even kept visitors away from Myrtle Beach, and that's not good."

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Arcinfidel said:

Doesn't sound just racial but also homophobic! But you are right about the reason! From Mytles Beaches own incident statics on previous years,more citations issued and deaths occur during the Harley Bike week in previous years, butstill, I would agree that Atlantic Beach Fest (AKA Black Beach week) is why they impossed lots of laws.

Either last year ortheyear before,Mytre Beach enacted laws just for Atlantic Beach Fest regarding riding and gathering. The city lost alawsuit and had to make the laws for ALL bike rallys. If it is a problem when one groups does it, why is it tolorated when the bigger bike rally the week before does the same crap. But the Atlantic Bike Week Rally is not in Mytre Beach. Part of the problem?

I would guess from the videos that I have seen, anotehr BIG issue the Atlantic Bike Week created is a lot of people just hanging out. From my understanding from several people who went previous years, they never made it to the offical rally events. Just caused grid lock in MyrteBeach. They also did not spend much money while at Myrte Beach. Another GREAT reason to shutdown if 98-99% of the people in the door are not buying a damm thang for a week.

Oh yeah, of course there are dumb azzes riding on 1 wheel, doing burnouts and stunting.

It is my understanding the organizers of Atlantic Bike Fest are still planning the event. I am not sure how many sponsors they are going to get to be able to move forward. I know at least 5 didferent groups that did not even visit the vending booths last year because they said their was no crowdin that area. They go to pick up women and the being able to ride without a helmetis justicing on the cake.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Stang - the only downfall of communicating in text on a forum is that you cannot dicipher tone (and/or) intent. My response was my brand of humor, which mostly consists of sarcasm followed by false consolement followed by more sarcasm. Telling you to suck it was my talking *** like i do to all of my friends and was not intended for you to take it personally or "hot headed" But yes Black bike week was the thing that messed it up for everyone.. and I DO have the balls to say that they f-ed it up for everyone. IT seems to be a trend with these people.. moving in and brooding/overpopulating/excrementing on everything that we hold sacred.. Yes i realize that its cliche' for someone from South kakilakey to say something seemingly racial but statistics dont lie and stereotypes werent just fabricated out of thin air, the things that people get offended about are things that are true.And i dont hate African Americans solely for their skin color but for the content of their character. (most of them that is.. their are exceptions.. i know plenty of them that are absolute stand-up people and i would gladly share my 40 acres and a mule with.)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Also for the sake of a civil argumentative discussion.. if closing it has to do with the money "usually that the local PD makes" Then why would they not leave it open..It seems to me like 2 bike weeks would leave a **** of alot more room for the pd to make their quota.. could be wrong. And i dont care how ******* it looks, your mustache/chops are incouragable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry to mis-interpret your humor, and while MB's demise may not be as directly affected by finances, too many of the others have been.

There are two that come to mind off the top of my head, Hollister, and a local show here in the Pacific Northwest that had been succesful for 8yrs or more. In both instances the local Constabularies demanded huge increases in fees to police the event, in effect shutting down the events. Whether or not the true intent was just to get rid of the bikers remains to be known.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.