RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Friday I drained my oil, installed the Barnett spring clutch plate. I drained the oil cold and saw this white stuff mixed with oil. I have seen something similar in my Fairlane, usually a bad gasket where water may mix with the oil. Since our bikes are air cooled, what can this be and what can cause it? Also, when I removed the clutch cover, found something similar but thick like pancake batter. Is something really bad going on inside my engine??

Please advise, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wow, that does look like when water mixes in with oil, looks chocolatey like. I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
If you start your bike and just run it sitting still, it will form condensation inside the motor. You have to ride the bike to heat it up to burn off the condensation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride to work about 4 times a week, maybe 8 mile round trip. It has been some time since I've done open road riding. So just get on the freeway and ride is what you are saying?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
I ride to work about 4 times a week, maybe 8 mile round trip. It has been some time since I've done open road riding. So just get on the freeway and ride is what you are saying?
Well, to me after 8 miles it should be warmed up but i would ride it for about 15-30 minutes and then check oil and see if the foam looking stuff is gone. If it's not gone, i would change my oil and maybe use a different brand and see if the foam comes back. This is just my opinion others may chime in with different solutions.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
You have condensation in the oil due to a 4 mile ride @ a time it takes about 10 miles to get the oil up to temperature.

You can change oil more often or take the long way home once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Unfortunately it does take a bit to get the oil temp up so Church is correct and when taking the long way home make sure you rev it out once in a while as well. She will love ya for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to check your crankcase vent and make sure it's not all plugged up. Mine was a mess as it was mounted in front of the rear tire well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts