RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,468 Posts
That's the GAS DRY BREAK...

it's for when u pull off the tank the gas doesn't spill out...

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,312 Posts
There's another one under the seat as well.

Looks like the one side is leaking or cracked. There should be replacement parts on Partzilla or Revzilla or from a dealer or you can do an aftermarket replacement. This from Partzilla.

Font Parallel Pattern Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's another one under the seat as well.

Looks like the one side is leaking or cracked. There should be replacement parts on Partzilla or Revzilla or from a dealer or you can do an aftermarket replacement. This from Partzilla.

View attachment 254494
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I trimmed the end of the hose and put a new clamp on, thinking it was the hose at first.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,312 Posts
Sometimes, a quick squirt of WD40 in the female side can help to get a proper seal. Might be worth fiddling with it a little before dropping cash. If you do decide to replace the parts, I think there is a conversion out there that is commonly done that costs around $40 or so for parts. Just be careful with the hose on the tank side. Where that hose joins the tank is prone to leaking as the joint is just press fit and we've seen lots of failures over the last year or so.

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts
@Para82101 ...
The Male Dry Break (30) is cracked. There have been MANY cases of this failure on '02' bikes. The Yamaha replacement part has been beefed-up with a new P/N :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking for the name of the part that has that gold clip on it View attachment 254492 View attachment 254493
Yeah that’s the gas dry break under the left side cover. From what I understand they can be prone to the seams failing abs leaking fuel. I believe a new oem one is about 100 bucks US, or you can do the left side clean up and replace the line and dry brake. Lots of videos on that. Good luck.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Only the 2002 model year left side dry break (male half) suffers cracks. The part was successfully enhanced for 2003+ model years.

These things get posted for sale here now and again. In order to recognize the 2002 and therefore avoid buying the male half of the left side dry break, see the thread about fuel leaks:

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Only the 2002 model year left side dry break (male half) suffers cracks. The part was successfully enhanced for 2003+ model years.

These things get posted for sale here now and again. In order to recognize the 2002 and therefore avoid buying the male half if the left side dry break, see the thread about fuel leaks:

👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts