RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought my first bike ever and im glad that its a warrior. Its all stock so I dont have any fancy list and what not. I must admit...when Im riding around I turn heads. However, I want them to hear me coming. I dont really care about performance and whatnot I just love riding. I heard that shorter pipes have a louder sound but I dont wat to sound ricey and Ive had my eye on the shogun ripsaw system. Any advice?...do I have to get a PCIII?...if so wtf is it?...sorry to be such a newb but i love this new community Im stepping into.

regards,
pablo

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome pablo and we love you too even if you are a newbie[:I] stick around long enough and you'll move up thru the ranks like the rest of us [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]congrats on your bike, usually with aftermarket pipes a lot of the guys have been sucessful in bumping up the fuel mixture via the stock ecm however if your adding the big air kit and block off plates (ais) then you'll want to invest in a pc3. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thnx for the weclome!

I also have another question...I get a little backfire when i down shift, I know a little about cars and usually that means timing is screwed. I hope thats not the case bc the bike barely has 300 miles on it. Maybe the mixture is rich...eh i think the occasional pops are kinda cool but what do i know.

thanks,
pablo

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the 4m!! I think that the popping that you are talking about is a normal condition from the AIS on the bike. I am assuming that it is totally stock. I'm not 100% on that. There is far more knowledge than mine on this 4m.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Welcome to the best **** forum on the web. Generally you'll have some backfiring on a new warrior.

This link will help will the ais removal which will further help in elimenating those bothersome decel popping noises.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25288&whichpage=1

By the by if Navy Newbie means you are in the service, Thank you.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can get by without the PCIII, but I would say it is a worthy mod. It manages the fuel/air mixture giving you the optimum horse power and tourque. You will need to map it which is easy to do using an existing map designed for your performance configuration. When you add a performance mod, such as air kit or pipes you can remap the PCIII again to attain optimim performance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome!
I have V&H Bigshots on mine. I love the sound but havent had any to compare to in person. They are not overly loud on the bike because they are longer I suppose, but off the bike they make some noise. They dont sound ricey at all. They have a harley-ish sound, if thats what you are looking for. From what Ive read on hear the Samsons are about the loudest you can find but they may lose you some power. The Bigshots sound good and maybe a little improvement in power and still have good clearance in the turns. For power it seems most like the V&H Propipe or Speedstar. For more specifics and other options do some searches. IVe spent sooooo many hours allready just looking though old posts since I bought my Warrior. And if Ive stated anything incorrectly please let any of the more experienced folks on here speak up.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Congrats and welcome , just be aware that there are towns lookoing for the loud pipes and helmets that are not approved.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome. I just bought the V&H bigshots and I love them. They are loud but I don't think too loud (although some others have told me differently). I dont' have a power commander yet and the bike runs fine, just a little more backfire (powercommander install this weekend). Ride safe and enjoy the WARRIOR!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts