RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting tired of looking through old posts regarding batteries! Will someone please tell me a reasonable priced battery that will fit in my battery box that will turn over my stock engine that doesn't cost a fortune. Sorry everyone, but the technical aspect of the battery thing doesn't really excite me. What worked for all of you? If i was as good as alot of these members I would make a table or something, but since i am computer illiterate......Lets start a new thing where we simply list:

Brand(where to buy)-

Years of service-

Price-

Mods needed to work-

Year of the bike-

Stock compression-Y or N

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Google [ 14b-4 battery ]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=14b-4+battery&btnG=Search

These are a direct replacement... drop right in and bolt right up, no fuss, no muss.Choose a vendor near you or one with free shipping, and you're all set.

OK, to complete your survey:

I replace mine every other year. Try to save sixty bucks on a battery and wank a 400 dollar starter clutch!

Varies 50 to 90 bucks, depends on the market. I find that prices will be within about 10 bucks except for the dealer. The Yamaha dealer in Hayward quoted me $249.95!

No mods. I use a stock battery 14b-4. You'll see a "GT" or "YT" or some such prefex, but they're all the same.

I have an 02 with a hunert an 2 thousand miles, 10.25 : 1 compression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts