RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this post probably shouldn't be in this section of the forum, but I wasn't sure where to put it, so I'm sure the moderators will place it accordingly. But I have news that I'm exicted about and I feel the need to share it with everybody. If you live in a cold weather state like I do, you'll find that working out in your garage can be a pain in the butt in the winter. If your tired of numb figures I suggest you buy this

It's a Mr Heater Convection heater. It runs off of a 20 pound propane tank. Tonight it was 15 degrees outside, and I heated my UNinsulated 2 car garage to 60 degrees in about half an hour. The heater is adjustable from 30,000 BTU's to 80,000 BTU's.

Before I was using a Mr heater brand duel sunflower propane heater. It took the edge off if you were sitting right in front of it, but it didn't heat the air. This convection heater heats the air. I was literally working in my un insulated 2 car garage wearing a sweatshirt.

The heater will run for about 14 hours on a 20 pound tank on it's lowest setting, and about 5-6 hours on it's highest setting. This thing is wonderful. I recommend it for anybody looking for a solutionto working out in the cold.

Best thing about it.....It only cost me $100 at Northern tool and equipment.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I've got one almost exactly like that one. Bring it with you next time you go camping. You can cook right on the top of them with a frying pan.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Thanks for the product report, always wondered how those heaters worked.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have one similar to that. They work great without a lot of odor.

Now, clean up that oil before it catches fire, or somebody slips and falls

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Great little heaters,I think Lowes has them on sale right now for $80. The only think you have to watch is the first 10-12 times that you use them they will soot up around the burner when you shut them off....so when you turn it back on the soot will come off the burner and float around the room...which is no problem if your in the garage but if your in a new house with new carpet that is almost white.....It's a problem!! I also have a Coleman 20,000-300,000 that I've had for 15 years with never a problem and it has been on a construction site since it was new.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Here's my heater. It's a Ready Heater TC-101 and it can be purchased for $104.00 delivered. I works great in my 1-1/2 car garage.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would add that you can't see the soot that comes off mine...However it is there. learned the hard way when I had all kinds of car parts primed and sanded.shot the next coat and what a Mess.had to resand and shoot using wax and grease remover.I know it is always a good idea to wax and grease remove but had no clue what kind of stuff the heater puts out. Just a heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts