RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Warrior 1700. Has flames on the tank, blue and grey. Bike got dropped. Tank has a huge dent. Can' get it fixed but fixing it costs more than buying another tank. Anyone got a tank they looking to sell or any recommendations for a salvage place online?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a couple in the for sale ads that have minor damage. There are two on ebay sorry I do not have the link but google 'ebay road star warrior fuel tank' or similar and scroll thru underseat aux tanks to main tanks.
Been on ebay and no luck. Put in a bunch different phrases and tons of stuff comes up besides fuel tanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did the same thing on the 29th. Left side drop and slide - my first and hope only time. Big road rash on arm and leg. Lucky though, thank god.
Mine's a 2009. Found them on partzilla new, around $800.

Also found tank covers on ebay, they ship from France. They are a fake leather and cover the whole tank. (Hides the dent) Some colors. I think about 150 + 50 to ship

·
Registered
391 Posts
I did think about getting one of these to cover the dints in my tank, but the price $350AUD so it’s better to invest in a new tank and paint job.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I contacted that person in South Africa and asked what the shipping to Australia would cost. However they chose not to reply. I have since contacted them another 3 times via email, but they still refuse to answer. There is a phone number, but I’m not going to ring SA on my mobile.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did the same thing on the 29th. Left side drop and slide - my first and hope only time. Big road rash on arm and leg. Lucky though, thank god.
Mine's a 2009. Found them on partzilla new, around $800.

Also found tank covers on ebay, they ship from France. They are a fake leather and cover the whole tank. (Hides the dent) Some colors. I think about 150 + 50 to ship
I paid for a tank through Partzilla in April then the third week of May they said will arrive in the US around the 6th of July. Then on the 2nd at 3:51am got an email saying no longer available and they refunded my $874. Finding a tank for these Warriors is very difficult.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My buddy just crashed his warrior but the tank is completely find entire right side of bike is demolished. I'm waiting on his insurance company to total it out then I'm suppose to send the left side to someone forgot who but I'll let you know about his tank it's the midnight black edition. i'll let you know when I find out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I contacted that person in South Africa and asked what the shipping to Australia would cost. However they chose not to reply. I have since contacted them another 3 times via email, but they still refuse to answer. There is a phone number, but I’m not going to ring SA on my mobile.
Sorry to hear that...I gues the guy thinks it might be a scammer...we have lots of crooks on Gumtree mostly Nigerians who have made sellers wary.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all, let me know if anyone is successful on getting a tank.
Mines got a big dent , no leak. So if no tank I'll order a cover. At least the cover will cover, dang, the bike was so clean :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
My buddy just crashed his warrior but the tank is completely find entire right side of bike is demolished. I'm waiting on his insurance company to total it out then I'm suppose to send the left side to someone forgot who but I'll let you know about his tank it's the midnight black edition. i'll let you know when I find out.
Thank you, please do

1 - 15 of 15 Posts