RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Have a newly aquired girlfriend that is willing to ride with me only if I have a sissy bar.

I own the midnight version of the warrior and have a weird aversion to too much chrome.

Do any of you know of a cool sissy bar that would look good on the Midnight???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Cyberdon..I did find the MC sissy bars already, but don't really like the chrome, especially the "studs".

Thanks for your reply!

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
look in my gallery, i "dechromed" my mcand added a few more strengthening bars, and a little bottle of engine coolant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Sin_City....Wow, good lookin' machine you've got there. A little more custome than I am ready for. Especially since I would need a new fender, fat tire kit....etc, etc.

I agree with your new rule though! No colors anymore...paint it black!

·
Registered
263 Posts
There is no cool sissy bar, but i have seen one in black somewhere.

if you have a hard time finding one, there is always Krylon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ YFM700R...Yeah, I know there is no real cool sissy bar. Hence the name, but if I want my girl to ride me....er...I mean ride with me, I need to find one that sucks as little as possible.

I do have a contact at a coating company, so I won't have to resort to Krylon just yet. But I would like to find a bar that at least looks good on the warrior to start.

·
Registered
295 Posts
YFM700R said:
+1

There is no cool sissy bar......

However, b/c riding the new girlfriend is important, I believe the only acceptable alternative, is to get the Corbin Dual Tourer with the removable sissy bar. There's been a lot of bad press lately about Corbin...and i feel the same. But if you buy your seat thru a reputable dealer they should take care of you in the event there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I made my own from some straight 1/2 inch rods from the local hardware store, painted em black. They had to be heated and twisted to fit properly. Was pretty easy with a torch to get them hot enough to bend as needed.

Look in my gallery, not the best picture but mine comes out from under my seat and bolts to the fender and the fender doubler underneath. (Very sturdy) and does not have all those extra rails. I did have to cut some of the pillion seat plastic where the rods come out from, but all in all, an easy mod and this was about as subtle as I could come up with.

It's been on the bike for over 2 years and works pretty good. I bought the pad for 50 bucks from a HD shop in fremont....

One day I would like to get them powder coated so they don't chip like rattle can paint does.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
There are no cool sisy bars(sisy). But if I had to put one on I would use a short Harley Duece one.U just need to drill some new holes in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Bro!!!

Ive looked at all the catalogs i could find myself. And as far as i know only 3 companies offer a sissy bar for Warriors. One is already pictured in another reply here and another was a small company that only offers a few products. That bar was very short with a small round backrest pad.(unfortunately it looks almost like the chromed one above. However Kuryakin has a really cool sissy bar that i feel with slight mods would work on a warrior. Ita has a black pad and is shaped like an inverted "V". I never added a sissy bar since my gal bought her own bike and im going solo seat soon.

Just my 2 cents..good luck!!!

Terry

·
Registered
63 Posts
I picked up the new Jardine quick detachable back rest. It took forever to get, but looks pdecent, and I can remove quickly it when I and not riding double.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
If you want your girl to ride with you, the sissy bar has to not only look good, but offer comfort too.The MC Enterprise is a good one.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would suggest not getting a sissy bar and just getting a Corbin dual tour w/ a backrest. Its black, super easy to remove the entire seat or rest, and is a much more comfortable seat! I paid like$250 used for mine in the classifieds here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts