RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got my first warrior this spring and have been riding, getting used to the crazy power and handling of the bike, reading the forums for advice and reviews, and deciding on what it needs to start with. I have decided on samsons and a pcIII first but wanted to get some opinions on installation. I have never worked on a bike, but have done basic mechanical and electrical repairs, and most importantly have some pretty **** good common sense. How likely is it that I will be able to install these myself, or should I seek help from the dealership that reset my idle to 400rpm at my 600 mile tuneup?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think you answered your own question about the dealer...idle needs to be around 900-1000. I have never worked on a bike before I got my warrior and I had no problems installing my PCII and pipes. If you run into any problems there are a ton of great guys here that will be able to help you out. Good luck.

·
Registered
452 Posts
These are high dollar items with a relative ease of intallation, you can definitely handle it. You will find that there are mods that are less expensive but present to be much more of a PITA.

Welcome, have fun, and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I'll never go to a dealer. With a Service manual and all the help here, you can pretty much do anything. Just take your time....the common sense will get you further than anything.

The more you do, the more you learn.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dude, ditto what condrons said. Everything you need is available to you from here. If the guys here dont know about it or havent already posted about it, it doesnt exist.

You can change the pipes and add the PCIII no problem. The exhaust is very straight forward and the PCIII had fairly good instructions. If I am not mistaken they also have a tech support line if you get stuck.

good luck

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Bmullins, in the body of your question is your answer. You have some basic mechanical and electrical skills. Changing the exhaust is a no brainer. The only caviat in changing the exhaust is that it is tight getting into the right side front header bolt. I forget if it is a 12 or 14 mm head. Get a dedicated 1/4 drive socket with the universal, and you will be golden.
You can install the PCIII. If you are comfortable with sodering, check Frankenstein's Perfect install thread.

You ended your post with " ....should I seek help from the dealership that reset my idle to 400rpm at my 600 mile tuneup?" Of course the answer is NO!

Go to it! And if you have any problems, these guys can help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, so many responses in so little time. Thanks for all the advice, I think I will attempt it myself. I'm sure I will be posting some more on here and count on seeing some pics as soon as I make some progress!

·
Registered
280 Posts
You can Do IT!

I had no problems with the PCIII or Samsons other than it is a little tricky to get them all lined up and looking good.

Happy Modding

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Like DFW warrior say's, " why pay someone to screw up your bike when you can screw it up yourself".[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Common sense goes a long way.

·
Registered
839 Posts
This is a VERY EASY bike to work on, combined with the help/support from the guys on this 4M.....................

"Go For It"

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The only problem with doing mods yourself, once you start you just want to keep going![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
This forum will allow you to make more mods than you've ever done before because the posts are 'real' men posts (pics). Enjoy and just get started.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts