RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody. I've got a vendor who may be willing to cut reflective decals for the "102", and we're looking for somebody near Scotia, NY (which is near Albany) who would bring in his/her bike for a "fitting", so to speak. There are lots of colors, but here is one example:

Before

After - Daytime (Black)

After - Reflecting

Let me know if you are interested, and I'll put you in touch with the vendor. Or if you can't volunteer for guinea pigging, let me know what you think, so I can give the guy an idea of whether he's got a market for this product.
Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd probably go with a light silver, but there are quite a few colors, like red, blue, green, yellow, the black that is in the pics above. I think the red would look good on a red or titanium, but not on an indigo.

If I don't get a volunteer, I'll probably just send the guy my cam cover (it is the cam cover, isn't it?), and let him take his time with it over the winter.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't think you need to go all the way to NY for your sticker. Take a photo of the cover, and take it down to your local sign shop. They should be able to make a sticker that matches without a lot of effort.

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Douggo,
I live about ten minutes away from Scotia . If you give me the business name and who to contact I
would be happy to bring myself and my bike over to check it out.
Warcryz

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, TJ, that's a good idea, and for a one-off, I'd probably check that out. But I'm convinced that when everybody gets to see the finished product, this could become a popular item. So I'm really just trying to "give to the Warrior community." [8D]

Warcryz, did you get my email?

P.S. It looks like the colors he currently has are:

Black (reflects white)
Light Silver (reflects white)
Red
Dark Blue
Gold
Green
Yellow
Medium Blue
Orange
Lemon Yellow
Light Blue
Burgundy
Purple

·
Registered
117 Posts
AFTER i read this the other day iwas at my ace hardware store and thought of this idea and bought some reflective tape. Got home got out razor knife took all of 15min.
Lok's good thank's for freebie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Douggo,
I'm still out here. I never recieved that e-mail ,If you want to post this guys info on here I'll still get info. It just got harder to get the bike over to him , 5 inches of new snow and now turning over to an ice storm ! Might have to take the Viper (snowmobile) over to see him!
Are there enough people interested to persue this? Seems like most people are painting or making thier own decals. Let me know what you think.
Warcryz

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snow? Ouch!
Anyway, his address is [email protected] . He is looking forward to hearing from you.
As to whether the market is there, I can't be sure. There are always gonna be guys who like to "roll their own", but there are also always gonna be guys (like me) who would prefer to drop a few bucks on somebody else's product than test my own (un)steady hand.
Keep me updated on the progress (and your weather).
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts