RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some warned, this is proving to be a royal pain in the ass. First, the instructions mention a small clamp, but I don't see one. More importantly, I cannot get the rear head in properly. Only 1 bolt goes and I can't seem to get the other to line up. I know others had trouble, but I couldn't find a topic covering it. Anyone have step by step instructions for this thing (the ones came with it are worthless and the pictures too blurry).

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Mine did come with a clamp that attaches the muffler to the headers. First lets make sure that you don't have the muffler already attached to the headers. Then you will have to get the front header flange to fit over the front bolts. But it sounds like you've already gotten that far. If not and it is being a real pain (mine was) I drilled out the flange holes ever so slightly and it helped a bunch. Just get the bolts started and the move to the rear. The rear was also a pain but it went after a couple trys of spinning the flange 180 degrees and lining things up just right. Just make sure you don't cross thread the rear bolts and DON'T OVER TIGHTEN!!!! They are around 14 ft/lbs. and no more. Any more than that and you risk them breaking off when you try to remove the exhaust (don't ask how I know). Once you get those started, tighten up the header bolts 1 half turn at a time making sure to get them flush and make a good seal on the crush washers (you did remember to put them back in right). Once all 4 bolts are tight then put on the muffler. Tighten up and then go ride.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] See it was that easy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I mounted the exhaust the first time I cross threaded the rear flange. So, after I had them powder coated, I thru bolted the rear flange because the holes still would not line up. Works perfectly.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
354 Posts
I found it way easier to install after drilling out the rivet holding the heat shield to the header pipe, then putting them on separately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts