RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an extra oil line the big one there are two a big one and a small one mine is cracked at the weld and leaks oil the dealer ordered one three weeks ago and tells me the part is back ordered and that there are none in this country JAPAN has some!! crap!! I'll pay shipping I'll just about pay anything any help would be great please E-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a new 2003 it just looks like it was half ass welded it doesnt leak a lot every time i stop for fule or a pop i cary a rag wipe off drops then roll but thr ribbing i get from friend wonnabe harley its enough to piss anyone off

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Is it something you could slap a little JB Weld on until your new one arrives? Sounds like all you need to do is stop the seeping of oil. Advantage of JB Weld is it would "cement" the part to keep it from further separation. You can find it at just about any hardware/auto parts store. Might be just the ticket. http://www.jbweld.net/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bad news guys. This seems to be a common problem. Mine leaked at the flange as well. Perhaps this is why the part is back ordered.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the hardware found some jbweld removed both oil lines gallon of oil rushed out yes im not the sharpest pencil in the box no i did not drain it first as i should have cleaned the line with the handy dremel put it back together filled with almost a gallon of yama oil still wipping oil off from everywhere but seal looks good and at this time is not leaking

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
JP good story, Sounds like something I would do. Except for me it would have been hot oil, and I have not been able to find my dremel tool.

·
Registered
421 Posts
jp, you are good for a great laugh! sorry, its just too funny. be careful those pencils are sharp. maybe that is why your buddy is giving you such a ribbing about your hardley ablesome, er, I mean warrior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts