RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found myself sometimes needing a place to store things when riding. I had a pouch on the lower part of the downtubes, but when I put a t-shirt in there today, it filled it up and it got caught by the front tire when i had to hit the brakes hard when some d.b. pulled out in front of me. I wanted to put it up on the t-bars, but it would either cover up the tach/ odometer which I use. Or put it the backside of the t-bars, but it covers the speedo/ info lights which are quite important too. What do you guys use for bags/ storage on your bikes? I don't want to always have saddle bags on my bike, so i need some ideas! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Pockets on my riding jacket is all the storage that I have. I haven't really seen that many good ways to haul stuff unless you have a sissy bar and luggage rack on it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I used tie straps to attach my tool bag to the exhaust side of my swing arm. It blends well with the black swingarm and is easily accessible. I have Samson Ground Pounders for exhaust so my pipes don't reach my tool bag. Also, my tips turn down so there is no heat applied to the bag. If you have long exhaust pipes this won't work though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you do'nt wan something as permanent as saddlebags or a backrest bag, a tank bag works well for small stuff (running to the store for a few things, etc). The magnets hold really well. I don't bother clipping on the strap unless i'm going to be hitting highway speeds. It goes on and off in seconds. But really, for small portable and easy, nothing works better than a good old fashioned backpack.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about tank bags and back backs. Problem is, I don't want to walk around carrying them and would worry someone would jack my tank bag. I might have to look into removable saddle bags. My current tool pouch would work if I had about another 6 to 8 degrees of rake to push out the front wheel...

·
Registered
187 Posts
to cure for stolen or losing jackets, packs, etc. I have a cable that i run through a sleeve, and tie it all together under the seat via the helmet lock. go to your local hardware store and ask for some braided cable and have them crimp two loops on a 4ft. section... works great.... For longer trips, im going to get the factory soft bags.. they look nice, and im not looking for anything to be too awesome. and i didnt buy a warrior to put bags and a sissy bar on... i dont see R1s with sissy bars.... haha

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Heres what I found to fit my rumble seat. Should work with ant sissy bar also. Good for the gym or overnight.Its the Toomstone rigid roll bag.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Before I made any major mods, I did some touring round Europe in 06 and needed luggage space. The dream of hittin' the road with a toothbrush and a credit card only works in the movies, so...... I removed the rear seat and made a bolt-on rack to carry a small-ish givi top box with a quick release mounting plate. It worked very well. I tied my waterproofs to it and used it as a backrest too.

I kept telling myself not to look at it.... it is just a practical luggage system .... don't look at it.... everything will be ok....

As soon as I got back I took it off. I now use a medium size magnetic tank bag. It has a zip pouch on top for cash, phone, passport etc... It's true that you cant leave it on the bike, but on the other hand, it is easily removed and has a carry handle. Not ideal, but it certainly makes you think carefully about what you take with you!

I used my redundant right side air cover as a tool box, but this year will have to come up with another plan... so am interested to see any examples of small tool bags too!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a set of Kuryakyn throw over saddle bags that work well for long trips and they hold alot. You don't need the saddle bag support brackets with these bags and when you reach your destination you can easily take them off the bike for that non-bagger look.As you can see in the picture of my Warrior, I keep a barrel bag on my bike at all times. It holds a suprising amount of "stuff" and allows me the freedom of not having tofill every pocket ofmy riding jacket. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do like your setup. I am going to figure out a way to put a removable bag on one of the rear fender struts. I just want something to hold my glasses, gloves, and a few other little things... You all have some great looking bikes!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That does look like a good idea. I can easily take them off when I'm around town.. What do the brackets look like with no bags on them?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Check my gallery. I really liked my setup. Saddleman Desperado Jumbo Saddle Bags with matching Sissy Bar Bag, Kuryakun Tombstone Bag, and a Yamaha Tank Bag.

·
Registered
999 Posts
gman said:
Check my gallery. I really liked my setup. Saddleman Desperado Jumbo Saddle Bags with matching Sissy Bar Bag, Kuryakun Tombstone Bag, and a Yamaha Tank Bag.
gman, are those throw overs, or are they hard mounted to the Mc brackets??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts