RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the recall list since I got my letter, but I keep hearing "it should be in next week". Well, I can only wait a couple more "next weeks" before I need new tires. Will the dealer hold my bike for the recall if I take it in for new tires? I've had a trip planned to the Smoky's for nearly a year (going May 21st) and NEED new tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't know if they'll hold it for sure but you have several other options, none of them are great - Go to a non Yamaha dealer for tires (they don't know the warrior), go to another Yamaha dealer and tell them "Yea, I've had the recall done..." (hopefully they won't check the database for your vin#), or call the dealer and ask before you take it in ("You mean you've been riding it?!").
Where you heading in the Smokey's? I've been planning a trip for late May early June for riding the Parkway again - maybe camping this time - not sure...

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
most shops would be more than happy to take your money regardless of the status of your recall. when I had my tires changed the shop didnt ask and I didnt expect them to

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
If you are so concerned, take the rims off yourself and just have the dealer replace & balance the new tires....

·
Registered
164 Posts
DarkStar was thinking better at 1am than I was 2 hours earlier - what can I say I was beat and headed for bed!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by PwrCrusr

Don't know if they'll hold it for sure but you have several other options, none of them are great - Go to a non Yamaha dealer for tires (they don't know the warrior), go to another Yamaha dealer and tell them "Yea, I've had the recall done..." (hopefully they won't check the database for your vin#), or call the dealer and ask before you take it in ("You mean you've been riding it?!").
Where you heading in the Smokey's? I've been planning a trip for late May early June for riding the Parkway again - maybe camping this time - not sure...

I think I'll be taking it into a local Honda dealer, they said no problem. I'm not to worried about them not having warrior experience if I'm just dealing w/ tires.
Going to the Smoky's 5/21-24. Staying in Wear's Valley at VCR

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, nice looking place. I think I'll be staying in campgrounds near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Still not sure exactly when but sometime in the last two weeks of May or first week of June.

Make sure they know to be carefull with the rear wheel - several members have had rim damage from inexperienced Yamaha dealers. Something to do with the rear brake caliper and/or mounting braket gouging the rim. Just wanted to keep you informed.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
http://www.dtmaonline.com/AMAZING/items.asp?CartId={5552297F-5158-4D50-BAAC-ACEVERESTFFCBAA7A7F}&Cc=STREETTIRES&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

1 - 10 of 10 Posts